Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

couldn't tell U about A&R Select or Taxi but I like the term 'Dream Merchant', good description

Comment

Hi I'm Nick, I'm from a band called The Plague Awakening, from palm Coast Florida, we just encountered a problem from this west coast ****************************&****** place, they just said this to us...(exact copy and paste)

Hey, this is Josh with A&R Select. Right now we're looking for a band in your genre, and my scouts came across your page. If you're interested in working with someone to further your music career, feel free to give me a call, 323-988-5734.

Josh

arselect.com

well thats what he told us, and we were really interested (who wouldnt want to further there music career) so me, seeing nothing in this world is free or easy, went to there page, and saw it, it looked very legit, sow i went to there myspace, also quite legit, sow i watched the videos and caught the catch that you had to pay a (1 time small fee) well here was the next message from the guy (josh)

:

I'm expecting to be in around 11 and out around 6 on Friday. That's Pacific time.

so we called the guy, he was telling us that if we just gave him our cc information and bank account information and made 4 easy payments of 225 dollars that we would have our music sent out to over 400 college campuses and that we would start doing press confrences and radio hostings and take the first step to stardom, and thats when i said can we just do this in a month from now we just got done recording and need to save up some more money so that we can get with you guys and he said "no you need to sign with us now or we wont be interested blada blada" sow yah, anyone got any information on these guys because we are all quite unsure what to do about them atm, please contact us at

www.myspace.com/theplagueawakening

Comment

hahahaha
        If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal.
        -- Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Comment

hahahaha

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Poker99
            View Post

hahahaha

+1 BRO

I was trying to think of an appropriate response, but you put it better than I could.
            My Own Machine

Comment

View Post

bahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStrat
              View Post

Um....you just joined HC, and your first post is to dig up a nearly 3 year old thread to say that 100 bucks isn't too much to gamble on what's essentially a dream merchant?

Sorry, but this doesn't pass the smell test.

I don't think any of these sort of *coughscam* marketers pass the smell test.

Comment

View Post

bahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStrat
                View Post

Um....you just joined HC, and your first post is to dig up a nearly 3 year old thread to say that 100 bucks isn't too much to gamble on what's essentially a dream merchant?

Sorry, but this doesn't pass the smell test.

I don't think any of these sort of *coughscam* marketers pass the smell test.

Comment

http://musiclibraryreport.com/music-...ng/a-r-select/
                  Stop analyzing; just compose the damn thing!

Comment

It's a scam! I recieved the same type of message from them about my band ! If you have the goods, ( ie: sellable , marketable tunes you should never pay anyone for this ) you will be aproached by the right people .
                    Gear.........
                    88/89 ESP Horizon custom/Bareknuckle Warpig custom
                    87'ESP Phoenix Firebird
                    86'Ken Smith BT custom guitar/Rio grande bby bkrs
                    Carvin DC 747C 7 string/Bareknuckle War Pigs

Engl Invader 150
                    EnglXXL 4/12w V30's
                    Engl Z 15 midi controller

myspace.com/rainofkings
                    reverbnation.com/rainofkings
                    good deals:Mctallica , MrMarcus

Comment

They sent me an email and I told them they could call me. I talked to a dude from "A&R Select" and he was SUCH a douche. There is a lot of **************** like this out there. From people wanting you to pay to be on a compilation album to bull**************** companies like A&R Select. I get random emails from this type on Sonicbids.

Taxi is legit though.
                      Singer-Songwriter-Guitarist-Bassist
                      http://www.davidpaulzimmer.com
                      http://www.twitter.com/zimmer_music

Comment

Just got a message from them through ReverbNation... Good thing I came in here, because I thought I smell a rat.

I love how they have ARSE in their URL... They just wrote in plain sight that they are full of ****************!
                        Good deals: cpage86, H.R. Shove and Stuff, lank81, Crxsh, Agreed, izesca, thisISjoel, Dr. Picklebottom, sameoldbluesman, themeanreds, Andy315, O'Rourke, dcindc, kgraber, djfrank, CicadaSilence, zygoat, jimihalen, Pointer, letsgocoyote

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Mann
                          View Post

They sent me an email and I told them they could call me. I talked to a dude from "A&R Select" and he was SUCH a douche. There is a lot of **************** like this out there. From people wanting you to pay to be on a compilation album to bull**************** companies like A&R Select. I get random emails from this type on Sonicbids.

Taxi is legit though.

Speaking of scams...Sonicbids are at the top of the list.

Comment

Radio play was just one of the things that A&R Select said they could do for me as long as I paid their fee up front. Well, I didn't agree to do business with them and I got radio play for myself just recently. I think the real truth is,.....if you want somethin done right, you gotta DIY.
                            www.myspace.com/spiritualzeroproductions

Comment

OK here is the low down on A&R SELECT! RIP-OFF!!! STAY AWAY AND SAVE YOUR MONEY. how do I know?? because I decided after recording a cd to give them a shot so I spent the $500 for one of there packages. what I got for my money was a cheesy badly written BIO, a list of about 10 websites to create profiles on such as soundcloud etc. (basically anything anyone can find on the internet with just a little due diligence) and around 100 "MUSICSUBMIT" submissions. If one goes directly to music submit, which is not affiliated with A&R select, $500 bucks will get you way more than that, and that is it period. I found out the hard way so now spread the word and let's put these con artists out of business.

Comment

sadly, they will continue to operate as long as no one wins a lawsuit against them, and I will bet any contract they offer is crafted to avoid any specific promises/guarantees. Even if they were put out of business, someone else just as cunning would fill the slot.
                                "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminent period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

Comment

Working...
                                X