Anyone heard of A&R Select?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Z-Mann View Post
They sent me an email and I told them they could call me. I talked to a dude from "A&R Select" and he was SUCH a douche. There is a lot of {censored} like this out there. From people wanting you to pay to be on a compilation album to bull{censored} companies like A&R Select. I get random emails from this type on Sonicbids.

Taxi is legit though.
Speaking of scams...Sonicbids are at the top of the list.

• Members

Radio play was just one of the things that A&R Select said they could do for me as long as I paid their fee up front. Well, I didn't agree to do business with them and I got radio play for myself just recently. I think the real truth is,.....if you want somethin done right, you gotta DIY.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

OK here is the low down on A&R SELECT! RIP-OFF!!! STAY AWAY AND SAVE YOUR MONEY. how do I know?? because I decided after recording a cd to give them a shot so I spent the $500 for one of there packages. what I got for my money was a cheesy badly written BIO, a list of about 10 websites to create profiles on such as soundcloud etc. (basically anything anyone can find on the internet with just a little due diligence) and around 100 "MUSICSUBMIT" submissions. If one goes directly to music submit, which is not affiliated with A&R select, $500 bucks will get you way more than that, and that is it period. I found out the hard way so now spread the word and let's put these con artists out of business.

• Moderators

sadly, they will continue to operate as long as no one wins a lawsuit against them, and I will bet any contract they offer is crafted to avoid any specific promises/guarantees. Even if they were put out of business, someone else just as cunning would fill the slot.

• Members

I've had similar offers from music I have posted on SoundCloud - usually solicited in conjunction with a photo of a smartly dressed beautiful woman. Within a few hours, the posts are deleted. I've always assumed that they were marginal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm from the band Snatch Magnet, and I'm glad most people are scared to go out their front door every day.  Imagine if all these people were actually trying.  A&R Select contacted us because they liked our music, and we figured, we've shelled out money for lessons, instruments, gas to gigs, recording, CD printing, etc., etc.  Why not spend something on promotion.  We spent 1000 bucks with A&R Select.  They revamped our press kit, got us tons of reviews, and they got us playing on hundreds of college stations.  We've now got an endorsement with Egnater Amps.  They also got one of our songs into a Lion's Gate film called "Freelancers" with Robert Dinero, and we even got to go to the premier at the Chinese Theater in Hollywood.  They put 2 of our songs in a movie called "Frozen Ground" coming out this March with Nicholas Cage and John Cussack.  So, our investment has more than quadrupled just on upfront licensing checks, not counting residuals.  We're not the biggest band in the world, but we're a lot better off than when we were before we got help.  After reading this forum, I'm glad most artists are too scared to invest in their music.  Feel free to google us, or check out our website, facebook, imdb page, youtube, itunes, or download our free app A&R helped us create: isnatch

snatchmagnet.com

facebook.com/snatchmagnet

youtube.com/snatchmagnet

• 4 months later...

Archived