"I'm sorry you're playing first at the gig."

The EAKLE

• Members

A musician posted this on his FB today. I've never met the guy, he's a brother of a friend. He's barely known but he's trying to make his way as a musician. He made this status and i just thought it was worth sharing.

"Today, someone said to me "I'm sorry that you're playing first at the gig", to which I replied, "You should really feel sorry for everybody who has to play after me" ;)"

Great attitude to have when you're not the most popular musician. If people don't know you you music, make them wish they did.

• Members

It's happened many times before. The bigger rap acts that followed MC Hammer would get pissed off at him and the crowd he drew to their concerts. Watch the documentary/movie sometime. Many people in the industry started eyeballing him and talking more and more, so he got out and went back to preaching. He's back in now after many years but the threat isn't there anymore like there was back when he was on the radio.

I once went to a 5 band whole evening thing at an outdoor theater. Poe was headlining, and the middle band ROCKED the entire place more than any of the 4 other bands.... The middle band? Cowboy Mouth with drummer being lead vocals.

Archived