Crown power amps?

• Members

Any particular model your interested in? They make from weekend warrior to pro touring amps and I love mine I've had it for 2 years problem free. Most folks here prefer QSC but when I seen Black Sabbath reunion tour all their amp racks were nothing but Crowns :eek:

• Members

Little FYI about Crown which is part of the Harman company that supports countless pro touring acts globally. Also few other Harman products. Lexicon, Soundcraft, DBX, JBL are just a few slices of the pie of this company, Mainly their a multimedia company that's world renowned. And most of the products are great quality products.

• CMS Author

fwiw...I've owned and used Crown MA 1200's and 2400's for the past 12-15 yrs with no issues .

They are built like tanks, and weigh accordingly.....and do use current from the ac .

PJR

And let's not forget the K-series (now discontinued???) which went the opposite direction....light weight, sipped rather than gulped current, and with sealed cabinets with no fans, were dead silent. Just don't get a repair estimate should anything go wrong in there....:eek:

• Members
And let's not forget the K-series (now discontinued???) which went the opposite direction....light weight, sipped rather than gulped current, and with sealed cabinets with no fans, were dead silent.

And sound great! :) I was told that they are discontinuing the K's as well. :(

• Members

Crown has traditionally been a first tier amp company, and been very well respected. Their new products (the I-tech and xti series) both seem to have had issues with their on board processors causing problems. I am sure this will be worked out (if it hasn't been already), but it has caused a bruise to their reputation.

QSC also makes a good product but they have also had product difficulties in their past (the PFC series of power lights, 6.0 and 9.0).

I have used the MacroTech 5000 and it is a good amp. It does weigh quite a bit though.

• Members

Harmon a multi-media company???

They are primarily a company with markets in pro audio, home audio and car audio (much of this is OEM). Pro Audio is the smallest of their markets.

Harman not Harmon different company. sorry couldn't resist AH :lol:

Archived