No announcement yet.

Behringer MX8000???

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behringer MX8000???

Ok, so the only reason I am even bothering to ask about this desk is that I can get a really good deal on one. REALLY GOOD. I know all of the horror stories about Behringer stuff but from what I have read, this is an exception. Anybody have any thoughts on this mixer??? I have a chance to get one in good condition for $300. Dude is going to have all of the pots and faders cleaned and have the board inspected before purchase. Like I said, any info would be appreciated....

If it works, it is a great deal for $300. Behringer basically copied the Mackie 8 bus board and for an eight bus, it isn't bad. I believe Mackie sued Behringer over that particular board and lost the suit, but it is an almost exact copy.

The EQ is pretty weak, but if you are using it to record with, simply don't use the EQ. Other than that, they are decent and fairly quiet and would make a good board for a home studio. The mic preamps aren't terrible, at least on a par with Mackie, Yamaha, Samson, etc. pre's and the routing flexibility is quite impressive.

Make sure you get the meter bridge.
    Mark
    "Do that again....Open your mouth and make your face disappear"..

Comment

Cleaning the pots and faders is a good way to completely ruin the console, for what it's worth. The pots may not be cleanable on that board though which will at least prevent their damage. Spraying stuff into faders is plain stupid. It's what the inexperienced folks do before they have to bring a console in for a real fader service (now a replacement).
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

I'll GIVE you tree-fiddy to throw it in the trash.
        I am ...
        Words with no voice
        Vision with no eyes
        Love with no heart
        Perfect, if only I didn't exist

Comment

I know all of the horror stories about Behringer stuff but from what I have read, this is an exception.

How so?
          "If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else" - Yogi Berra, 1925-2015

Comment

Deal! PayPal it over.
            How about a mother****************ing crocodile pit instead of those titty ****************s !

Last edited by Jazz Ad on 06-20-2004 at 098 PM

Comment

Feel free to go ahead and put the check in the mail. On second thought, I would prefer a money order or a cashiers check.

P.s. Aged,

If he takes it to who I think ihe's going to, this guys isn't going to be spraying stuff in the faders and pots. He's very thorough. Everything is removed/loosened and cleaned with isopropyl and cloth. No pouring or spraying.

Comment

P.s. Aged,

If he takes it to who I think ihe's going to, this guys isn't going to be spraying stuff in the faders and pots. He's very thorough. Everything is removed/loosened and cleaned with isopropyl and cloth. No pouring or spraying.

He's not going to get that kind of service and be able to seel it for $350. The important info is between the lines.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Comment

He's not going to get that kind of service and be able to seel it for $350. The important info is between the lines.

I see your point. Just saying that if this particular tech checks out the board, I know it will be accurate. Really just wondering about the reliability of the equipment itself... I have always steered clear of their boards.

Comment

You are buying a board for $350. I don't think you can be that choosy about reliability at that point.

Comment

that's the whole point I am getting at. Is this board even worth touching if it were new. As a whole, is a reliable board. Was it laden with problems from the get go?? Did the manufacturer put human feces inside rather than wiring??? If you crack it open, is it full of candy like a pinata?? Not getting into the politics of whether my 300 dollars should go towards this board.

All I want to know is was it a decent model or was it just another Behringer???

Comment

The only reason anyone buys a Behr*****r is because it's cheap. That's it. No other reason. If that's your goal, go ahead and risk your (easily replaced?) money.

tree-fiddy = $3.50. That's all it's worth.
                        I am ...
                        Words with no voice
                        Vision with no eyes
                        Love with no heart
                        Perfect, if only I didn't exist

Comment

Cool, appreciate it. That's what I was figuring, but wondered if this one might be different. For 300 I figured I might grab it and use it as a rental piece for bands around town. But, I don't feel like messing with the repairs on it.

Comment

Rental would be an area where stout and reliable would seem to be MORE important.

Comment

It IS a reliable board. Don't let the politics of Behringer get into the discussion of the validity of the equipment.

They are reliable and well worth the $300 you are paying.

And I have been cleaning faders and pots with spray cleaners for years and years with no ill effects. I have an MX 8000 I bought new when they first came out. Paid something like $1,600 for it. It has never failed and works as well today as it did when brand new. It is a great live sound board and like I said, as long as you don't rely on the EQ for recording...since it's EQ is the weak link...it is clean and quiet.

But the politics of Behringer always gets in the way of reviews of the actual equipment. I have six Behringer boards and never had one fail...ever. I also have Soundcraft, Yamaha, Mackie and Samson boards and only the Mackie has had a failure.
                              Mark
                              "Do that again....Open your mouth and make your face disappear"..

Comment

Working...
                              X