Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with OSP snakes?

Are they reliable? I ask because they are so much cheaper than other brands.
    Best deals on recording
    Gismo Studios: link
    My original music on ReverbNation: link
    Gismo Studios on ReverbNation: link
    Islam is a much greater threat to the free world than Communism ever was. - Easy Listener

junk
    band status - "its complicated"

Comment

i have a 12/4 and its held up since i bought it 6 months ago.
      Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob

The Regulars

Comment

I've seen a few, by the time I got to use them they were in bad shape.The fan tail end is made with crappy heat shrink, the cable just bends waaay too easily, it causes the connectors to become one big knot. The box end had cheesy ends with tabs that would stick. Overall quality of the cable wasn't that good, these were made maybe 4-5 years ago and for sure their suppliers change etc I doubt quality is something they gave a rats ass about.
        www.rock-bot.com
        Live-Band-Karaoke

bassist and sound reinforcement

Comment

www.audiopile.net

Either that or buy from ONLY Rapco, Horizon, Whirlwind, CBI. I know there are a few others but getting from any of these (NOT Hosa) means getting a good snake that will last. I prefer the EWI snakes myself and own 5 or so and many other fan to fan snakes.
          www.rock-bot.com
          Live-Band-Karaoke

Comment

i'm a big fan of whirlwind snakes (especially medusa) but i do have an ewi that is quite nice. my whirlwind is older than dirt and is great.

rapco is fine if you take care of it, the jacks in the boxes are weak (entry level rapco) but it takes serious trauma/abuse to mess them up. i've seen more than a few messed up jacks but my old rapco is fine.

i wouldnt buy osp if it was free.

Comment

Whirlwind, Rapco, Horizon, CBI all have different levels of snake they build. The quality of cable and connector varies by level. A snake is truly a bottleneck in the system, if the snake is suspect there is no work-around. By a good quality snake to start, stay away from ones that are twisted and gnarled.
              www.rock-bot.com
              Live-Band-Karaoke

Comment

i actually buy quite a bit of raw horizon snake cable and have been very impressed at the quality. its as good as anything else i have.

Comment

junk

Exactly, my ex singer bought a OSP mic chord and it went bad the first time he used it. IMO I think OSP stuff is worse then Behringer.

Comment

Coaster, have you used or seen OSP snakes? I'm just curious.

I haven't any problems with mine, but I only use it 4 times a month and it doesnt take any type of beating, so maybe they're just fragile, who knows. Fingers crossed.
                    Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob

The Regulars

Comment

Someone posted that the new ones are miles ahead of the old ones.

Dunno though... they seem ok...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ubBLhErVQ

Comment

OSP snake WITH monitor split!!!

http://www.gearsource.com/index.cfm/products/listing/Audio-Snakes/48827?dblst

Comment

I have a Live Wire snake that
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
                          Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

How above being tricked are you? Take the test
                          ---->
                          HERE

Comment

Musician
                            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
                            Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

How above being tricked are you? Take the test
                            ---->
                            HERE

Comment

What is the OP looking for in a snake? What length? How many channels? Returns?

Comment

Working...
                              X