Where can I get Yorkville parts?

• Members

You should be able to buy them right from Yorkville. Call another dealer. They stock parts for gear that's up to 30 years old. I bought replacement horn diaphragms from them, they ordered them in for me.

They might have to order it, but they still should be able to get it for you.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by GCDEF

View Post

The difference in price between the diaphragm and the entire driver was $12, which for me is worth it for an easier fix.

Get used to this because that's about how it always seems to work when buying Chinese HF drivers and parts. I remember trying to set up repair parts for a very popular speaker series and the difference in my manufacturing cost was less than 50 cents. The problem is that customers believe that the differential in price should be about half and they feel cheated when they cannot buy a replacement diaphragm and have to purchase the entire driver. Welcome to the new "normal" wink.gif

• Members

Just the cost of shipping a driver can be responsable for $7 or $8 over the cost of shipping just a driver, maybe more with insurance. Add that to a $12 difference in the parts and the difference can be $20.

Maybe not a big deal if you just need one part, but I probably ship a couple hundred diaphragms and recone kits a year. THAT's some real money. In one year, probably more than most folks here have invested in their entire PA!

Archived