Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe installing the speakers in the 6x9 enclosures you can buy and mount them in the van somewhere it will pass a much better sound. At least you will get the speakers installed in a solid box.

You got any pics of what you are trying to do?

Comment

Maybe installing the speakers in the 6x9 enclosures you can buy and mount them in the van somewhere it will pass a much better sound. At least you will get the speakers installed in a solid box.

Comment

Comment

Comment

no pics yet. i do have the rear doors torn apart, and while i am in there i am going to try and fix the locking mechanism which is sticky.

a good friend of mine has a newer suburban with a factory stereo in it that actually kick some serious patootey, it has some form of subs and good speakers too. that would be good enough for me.
            band status - "its complicated"

Comment

no pics yet. i do have the rear doors torn apart, and while i am in there i am going to try and fix the locking mechanism which is sticky.

a good friend of mine has a newer suburban with a factory stereo in it that actually kick some serious patootey, it has some form of subs and good speakers too. that would be good enough for me.

Comment

rear door. upper left hand corner is where i plan to put the speaker. it does fit, but the metal panel needs cut. i plan to make an interim panel out of 1/4" hardboard that i already own. i have a full sheet of this to make covers for the rear/side windows and paint the boards black. i need truck mirros befor i do this.

i am on a new dell PC after my old one died recently (literally just exploded). this one is much faster and has a card reader so that is a new experience for me. i just take the card of the camera und drag the pics out of the folder. no more uploading with a usb cable

door without metal panel removed yet.

inside of van as of now

outside of van as of now

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...6&d=1357273369

here you can clearly see it open on the sides by design. its also open on the bottom all the way to the floor.

Comment

rear door. upper left hand corner is where i plan to put the speaker. it does fit, but the metal panel needs cut. i plan to make an interim panel out of 1/4" hardboard that i already own. i have a full sheet of this to make covers for the rear/side windows and paint the boards black. i need truck mirros befor i do this.

i am on a new dell PC after my old one died recently (literally just exploded). this one is much faster and has a card reader so that is a new experience for me. i just take the card of the camera und drag the pics out of the folder. no more uploading with a usb cable

door without metal panel removed yet.

inside of van as of now

outside of van as of now

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...6&d=1357273369

here you can clearly see it open on the sides by design. its also open on the bottom all the way to the floor.

Comment

stoopid cup holders

front doors

Comment

stoopid cup holders

front doors

Comment

I'd put a pair of 6" in the fornt of those front door panels and a pair of boxed 6X9's in the rear and be done with it. Add a sub if you need it.

Comment

I'd put a pair of 6" in the fornt of those front door panels and a pair of boxed 6X9's in the rear and be done with it. Add a sub if you need it.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^

This
                            www.nextexitrocks.com

Comment

^^^^^^^^^

This
                              www.nextexitrocks.com

Comment

boy don't miss the days of car audio. When I did do car audio in high school I diddled with many a pair of 6 x 9's for my 1978 plymouth valarie with a hillside hemi we called it (slant 6) and found the 60 dollar kenwoods were the best (mounted in back of vehicle) speakers and I would replace them once a year through best buy under warranty (there were used a LOT). The dash speakers you are using have no enclosure whatsoever sound goes everywhere and it does not work, speakers need some form of enclosure I've found to work at all in car audio. Hope that mounting them in the door works for you! I gave up on car audio long ago, all you do is spend money and it never lasts. I think if you mount a decent pair of 6 x 9's in the back with a sub probably going to get what you need, if that's a 4 channel deck you could do a pair of 6's in doors but the door speaks always seem to suck, had much better luck with 6 x 9's. As far as the yamaha clubs if you mount them would love to see pics or any pa speaker you put in there. This is all too funny your post made me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X