Yorkville NX55P - decent?

• Members

Any experience with these?  Thinking about buying a couple I have been offered at a very competitive price.

Planned use - keyboard amp, practice monitors, small gig monitors, FOH in a pinch for

Any comparison to PRX 512m?   I have heard Behringer B215D and would probably be satisfied with *those* if I was sure I could count on them.

Wes

• Members

There's a ton of info about those speakers on this forum - don't know if you were able to find it though.

They sound nice, they run of out gas too quickly, they are (now) overpriced compared to other current offerings from a variety of manufacturers. For your stated applications they would work well, but make sure the woofers are in good shape, and make sure the price is right.

• Members

wesg wrote:

Any experience with these?  Thinking about buying a couple I have been offered at a very competitive price.

Planned use - keyboard amp, practice monitors, small gig monitors, FOH in a pinch for

Any comparison to PRX 512m?   I have heard Behringer B215D and would probably be satisfied with *those* if I was sure I could count on them.

Wes

The NX55Ps are reliable, flexible compact boxes that deliver a surprisingly full sound

• Members

Shaster - I searched the forum, but didn't find anything directly useful. Al's post was very very very helpful!

So I need to be careful on pricing here, but I could still make this work - if I buy them I won't wind up with paperweights in a year or two; I can still use them as stage monitors once I get some decent FOH. Right now I have no PA gear, need a keyboard amp that weighs less than my 75 lbs Crate, and could really use monitors for my basement. I think I'm going to take a shot at closing this deal.

• Members

I sold two of those to buy 2 PRX 612's. I think the PRX are a superior speaker in my opinion anyway. The Yorkville deliver more bass (at a lower volume) but seem to hit their limnits pretty early. I still own the 612's but I am trying out the new 710's with my new 715 subs tomorrow. My 612's may be for sale if you are interested. I have the original boxes and they have been covered since new - like new. Not sure how the 612 compares to the 512 in all honesty. I heard the 500 series had a processing problem at low volumes... but not sure if that got fixed.

• Members

Same sale in Toronto - same lineup too, lol. I hate the city but it was worth the drive.

These were definitely rental stock, they had lots and they were coming from the rental desk. Maybe L&M is changing generations for their rental biz?

Anyhow, they gave me a 3 month warranty, I paid $35 to get it up to a year with the option to extend that then.

And the option to return is great, if they don't work out, I'm not screwed. Better yet, I can return them at a more convenient location if necessary.

I'm new to dealing with L&M; bought my VR09 there, but they have a lot to offer for big ticket purchases, in terms of credit, warranty, and most importanly, selection. The downside is the long drive to the nearest store.

• Members

AFAIK, L&M has some basic formulas for when they put rental stock on sale. Of course it's partly up to the PA manager in each store. But lately they all seem to be getting the old stuff out of rental stock, and or putting in the back for special bargain days.

A few years back, many of the stores out my way were slashing prices on the used passive gear. I got some great bargains on my U15's and e210's. It looks like they're now starting to blow out some of the older NX55P's and E10P's.

Glad you're enjoying your speakers so far. I hope they serve you well.

Archived