Flexible/durable Ethernet cable?

• Members

I use Elite Core CS45 cable with my X32's and I really like it. It's very heavy duty. Each pair is individually jacketed, with a foil shield with a drain wire, and a heavy outer jacket . I'd recommend it to anyone who needs Cat5 for an X32.

I'm not a huge fan of the "Converta Shell" connectors that are included with it, but a friend of mine really likes them. To each, their own, I guess. I changed mine out for Ethercons before I took the cables out for their first show. Easy to do, and not expensive. The RJ45 connectors that come on the cable are good quality, and the drain wire is soldered to the RJ45 shield rather than just crimped in, which is important.

Next time I need to put a snake together, I'll probably just buy a bulk spool of the cable and terminate it myself. It's pretty easy to do with the Platinum EZ-RJ45 connectors.

Elite Core Cat5 is available from plenty of places, including Amazon, Ebay, Full Compass, and probably several dealers on this forum (including myself). I'm sure you can find a good deal if you look around.

• Members
Typical behringer x32 to s16 cable. I need 150ft of it' date=' I'd prefer to buy it off the shelf rather than make it myself. So who/what/where should I go to buy some?[/quote']

I stock the Behringer/Neutrik 50m shielded Ethercon Cat5e cable on a reel. Alternatives I've sold are CBI Ultimate Cat5e, shielded Proplex with Ethercons.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived