Besides Guitar and Percussions, what else can you play on stage?

stunningbabe

• Members

Solo and Duo acts around the world will have at least a guitar. A guitar is so commonly seen in TV, Stages and everywhere where there are human beings...so it is nothing special. You wont find anyone jumping for joy when they see you playing a guitar. Yes...a guitar is THAT common.

However..I appreciate guitarists who are also good with other instruments and actually play them on stage. A Harmonica is a good example. Not many guitarists can play that well and simultaneously strum the guitar and the sing.

I'd like to know how many of you can play another instrument(s) besides guitar and percussion?

• Members

i bring my banjos with me on some gigs. i have a 5 string and a long neck 4 string (plectrum) that allows to play bluegrass or dixieland style.

it just depends on the venue. i normally bring my keyboard, an acoustic, and at least one electric guitar, then i bring the banjos for a different sound. its not for everybody, but there are some crowds that love it.

• Members

I bring both 6- and 12-string acoustics, and I do the rack harmonica thing. I actually play melodies as opposed to just breathing in and out of the harmonica as some do... :p

When the gig calls for it, I also play piano a bit, and have a repertoire of a bunch of Elton, Billy Joel, and other piano-based songs. Most of the time, there's not enough stage area (or money) to make me haul everything out, so the piano usually gets but one gig a week.

Archived