X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone play Waffle House songs?

Just curious.

Waffle Houses seem to be a SE USA thing and I was always intrigued by (aside from the fried dough with sugar on top) the fact that someone always said "hello" when you came in and that they had jukeboxes with songs like "Waffle House Rock" or "I Met Her at the Waffle House" in the playlist.

Sometime maybe after I've mastered "Smurfing Beer" I'll tackle one of those.

Hi Mom!

You could re-work a Stevie Wonder song, I suppose: Scattered, smothered, covered, I'M YOUR'S!

Comment

I wrote a song called "Waffle House Willie" based on a story in the Tennessean about a guy who was strung out and naked and chased a naked girl into the waffle house from a nearby motel, but I don't think they would approve, LOL!
      Home Page
      Myspace
      Facebook
      Fan Page
      Reverbnation
      YouTube
      Twitter
      Tunesmith Pro
      CD Baby
      Eastern PA NSAI

Comment

For years, I have had this song idea to write a song about a waitress at the local Waffle House. I have spent many a late night there eating a breakfast plate... western omelette with diced green chili peppers. My brother and I have fond memories of walking over from our apartment to play one of the first high-tech video games -- Asteroids. We pushed some quarters through that thing!
        :::

Bill

Comment

I wrote a song called "Waffle House Willie" based on a story in the Tennessean about a guy who was strung out and naked and chased a naked girl into the waffle house from a nearby motel, but I don't think they would approve, LOL!

mp3, por favor!
          God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

mp3, por favor!

Just uploaded onto reverbnation because you asked so nicely http://www.reverbnation.com/c./poni/87538754
            Home Page
            Myspace
            Facebook
            Fan Page
            Reverbnation
            YouTube
            Twitter
            Tunesmith Pro
            CD Baby
            Eastern PA NSAI

Comment

...and how about a song for those experiences where you walk into a WH after a gig, only to find that the cook and one of the waitresses just walked out in disgust..meanwhile, 2 big hairy drunk guys fighting over the jukebox: ANARCHY AT THE WAFFLE HOUSE (a subversive communist plot no doubt!).

Comment

You could re-work a Stevie Wonder song, I suppose: Scattered, smothered, covered, I'M YOUR'S!

+1
                Guitars:
                94 U.S.A Peavey Predator
                Epiphone 60's Les Paul Tribute Standard
                Amps:
                Vox Pathfinder 15r
                Vox Valvetronix Ad100vt
                Peavey 5150 II w/ Crate Blue Voodoo cab w/ Vintage 30's
                Pedals: Skb Pedalboard
                Fender PT-100
                Crybaby Original Wah
                Ibanez TS-9
                Joyo Vintage Phase
                Joyo Octave/Fuzz
                MXR Micro Chorus
                TC Electronic Flashback
                MXR EVH-117 Flanger
                Joyo 6-Band EQ
                Member of the Squire Army + 5150 CREW

Comment

...and how about a song for those experiences where you walk into a WH after a gig, only to find that the cook and one of the waitresses just walked out in disgust..meanwhile, 2 big hairy drunk guys fighting over the jukebox: ANARCHY AT THE WAFFLE HOUSE (a subversive communist plot no doubt!).

Got an mp3 of that one?
                  God(s) bless the rest of the world(s), too

Comment

Sorry for the tease, Terry- there's no actual song as of yet, it just seems like there OUGHT to be a WH song about that situation. But of course, they wouldn't put a song like that on the WH jukebox, anyway.

All this WH talk is making me hungry- think I'll put on my WH hat and fry something up (if you ask, they'll usually give you one and it really DOES make you cook better)

Comment

Working...
                    X