No announcement yet.

my duo's first gig scheduled

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my duo's first gig scheduled

I still play in a 5 piece and played in a trio, so I guess I can officially be in this forum now.
    Booked our first gig a couple weeks out.

Wildwood

Covers and originals (mainly country), acoustic guitars, mandolin, cajon, shakers, no ipad, no backing tracks, maybe music stand, have a PA but it's not a Bose, no lights.

Let's see, now what am I forgetting?
    www.facebook.com/copperridgemusic

Jessie's Girl...gotta play Jessie's Girl.
    And you have to wear shorts, preferably bowling type shorts.
    If you don't sing, don't expect to call the shots....
    ---Tele-vania65000
    Life is too short to waste it on douchebags...
    ---BlueStrat
    Sometimes I have this fear... that years from now, being able to play an instrument live will be looked at the same way we look at juggling now... as in "Well, I can see where that is difficult to do, but who cares?
    ---RichardMac
    As a youngster, I was told that money was all that mattered.
    And I didn't believe it.
    ---Rasputin1963

Comment

Sounds Great! Real good vocal. Maybe just add a little harmony. I didnt listen to everything all the way through yet, sorry if I missed any harmony.. I like it.

Steve

Comment

go to the second track, there was some harmony there...
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'
        "The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Sounds great, look forward to both your input and hearing more of your work
          all the best steve
          Cheers Steve

Comment

Cowbell!

Comment

Sounds good. I would drink to that.
              My Band:
              http://www.stuckingearrocks.com/sig/Home.html
              Positive Transactions with:
              DarkCide, Rfaranda, Lord Megatron, Sixtonoize, Derekb, Bigmark, 35091

For Sale
              Peavey JSX Head- Great Condition - Make Offer

Comment

Sounds good. I grabbed my guitar and was jamming right along with you.

2 things that might help if you don't mind me saying. Vocal compression would really help keep your vocals on top and if you could learn to sing either beside or over your mike instead of directly in to it, you could tame those sssssssssss pretty quick.

If you were closer, I'd definitely come and see you. hil:
                Phil SaidIf you possess the superior intellect, then it should be no problem for you to point out the logical fallacies and other problems of their position or post without having to debase yourself by resorting to ad hominem attacks.

Comment

Good sounding stuff. Something about your voice is reminiscent of Trace Adkins.

How are you recording?

Comment

Thanks for the input folks. We were just recording at practice, couple of dynamic mics and DI for the guitar. Recorded from the record out on my powered mixer, via my computer into Sonar. We didn't put a lot of effort into the mix, except I did go back and add the drum in on a separate track on one of the songs.
                    And the harmonies are works in progress.

Damnit, I need more cowbell!
                    facebook.com/randykilgoremusic

facebook.com/wildwoodmusic

facebook.com/copperridgemusic

Comment

Thanks for the input folks. We were just recording at practice, couple of dynamic mics and DI for the guitar. Recorded from the record out on my powered mixer, via my computer into Sonar. We didn't put a lot of effort into the mix, except I did go back and add the drum in on a separate track on one of the songs.
                      And the harmonies are works in progress.

Damnit, I need more cowbell!

A member of a band playing at a festival with my band yesterday was wearing a T-shirt that said " More Beer Less cowbell"

Comment

We played our debut show this past Friday. Our duo turned into an acoustic trio, which worked out great. We added a gal singer who adds great harmonies to what we were doing and she can sing lead as well. Of course she joined the group a week before the show so we got in about two practices, but we faired just fine. We played around 3 hours to a 1/2 full place but everyone there had a good time and wanted us back for a later date.
                        www.facebook.com/copperridgemusic

Comment

Glad to hear Randy!
                          http://www.mjmmusicgroup.com

Comment

Working...
                          X