Questions to Leslie speaker gurus

kikedeolivos

• Members

Hi guys,

What would be a fair price to a "in very good studio condition" Leslie 45, modified with 2 speed motors, half moon switch, Leslie cable and Leslie kit?

The Leslie kit is installed on a Hamond M3 and I have an M100: is the Leslie kit or breakout box the same for either organ?

A modified 45, would sound the same as a 145? What about the amp? Is it similar to a 145 or 147?

Will I have the stop function? (for jazz)

Sorry, lot of questions.

Thanks a lot for any input.

• Members

how much does the seller want?

also i don't believe the 45 had an EM speaker (that was the 44W), and actually all organ jazz in the 50s and much of the 60s was recorded with EM-equipped leslies.

I've read that the 45 and 145 are identical, except for the 2 speeds.(theatreorgans.com)

• Members

that's the high side of reasonable.

like, if i were selling a leslie with a reconed speaker and a rebuilt amp, it would be 1200. if it doesn't have a reconed speaker and a rebuilt amp there's no way it's worth 1200 USD.

of course, if it's a dealer in chicago or the south, that's actually an expected or even low price.

• Members

like, if i were selling a leslie with a reconed speaker and a rebuilt amp, it would be 1200. if it doesn't have a reconed speaker and a rebuilt amp there's no way it's worth 1200 USD.

of course, if it's a dealer in chicago or the south, that's actually an expected or even low price.

+1

My first leslie was a 45. I can't say if yours will have a brake or not, but you can always unplug the slow motors to play jazz.

• Members

Haha... best off-hand dismissal ever!

"Who, him? Oh that's just some Ned out of Chicago..."

His name is Ned but the seller didn't remember his last name. Told me he is a very knowledgeable guy and very known in the area...SuitandTieguy, does his name rings a bell to you?

• Members

Yeah more like $400-$600.

Archived