Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beat Kangz of Comedy - epic fail?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the kid could've been playing through another Beat Thang.

It's possible. However, after I catch several instances of clear BS, then I no longer give them them the benefit of the doubt on anything. Talking about a mockup in the present tense as if it's a real product should raise a huge red flag. What he had in his hands, the thang he was pointing to, couldn't do any of the **************** he was saying it did. At this point, I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

They are trying to sell someThang they don't HAVE yet. He says they'll ship it, whatever it is, sometime this summer. I won't believe it until I see it sitting on the shelf with a price tag. I think I'll write my "told ya so" message now, so at least something will be ready to go by fall.

Comment

• If they can deliver all of the things they say they will on that video, at a decent pricepoint, it may be quite good.

I'm still interested in the sequencer's capabilities. This is the feature that will make or break this unit.
      Synthesizers!!

Comment

• "out of the box it's gonna have hundreds of crazy, weird effects processors"? no way. opening it up to 3rd parties? how? what the heck sort of processing power is under the hood that these guys think people will be writing new effects for it?

the more these guys talk, the more it sounds like a bunch of grade school kids sitting around coming up with their idea for the ultimate video game. pretty soon they'll announce the all analog signal path, d-beam, kaoss pad, 3 filter chain, built in speakers, and blu ray player.

SHARK JUMPED.
        ELECTRIBES x 6
        FR REVOLUTION
        MONOMACHINE MKII
        CS01
        MPC500
        & more!

Comment

• Yep, that's it, exactly. "Let's talk about it having every conceivable feature and costing nothing, and then release it with 10% of those features with promised updates coming s.o.o.n. - it works for Waldorf!"
          When next the GAS strikes, ask yourself, WWDLPD?

Comment

• never mind throwing around spec claims, they are throwing around the word "competition". how do you have competition if you don't even have a product for sale?! you have to be in the store, on the shelf, to compete. until that happens there is no competition to speak of. there are the competitors, and then there is you.

Comment

• AJA gave the best reason to not buy his hardware when he said they're going to release a software virtual version that will work just like it.

I wonder how many days, hours, minutes, or perhaps seconds it will take for cracked versions to become available if they do this? But HipHop/Rap artists are too ethical to do that, right? They learned their lesson with illegal mixtapes, huh? They will be lining up to buy the software. Sure they will.

Which hardware vendors are shipping software virtualized versions of their current hardware?

Comment

• AJA gave the best reason to not buy his hardware when he said they're going to release a software virtual version that will work just like it.

I wonder how many days, hours, minutes, or perhaps seconds it will take for cracked versions to become available if they do this? But HipHop/Rap artists are too ethical to do that, right? They learned their lesson with illegal mixtapes, huh? They will be lining up to buy the software. Sure they will.

Which hardware vendors are shipping software virtualized versions of their current hardware?

totally was thinking the same thang (couldn't resist). considering that within the market they are pushing for, their primary competition is going to be the cracked versions of Reason and Fruity Loops that 99% of the young "beat makers" are using these days, i'm not really sure if they could have found a bigger gun to shoot themselves in the foot with than to release an exact replica in software form before the hardware even comes out. just when you thought it couldn't get any worse.

Comment

• So this is a marketing campaign for software?
                  Guitar picture, Gear List, Clip List and travel pics from Peru, Sri Lanka, Mexico and Indonesia. Bonus: Some pics from Denmark too.

Comment

• heres some comedy for ya....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihZvfYQEy8

Comment

• We killed it at Namm.... none of the negative forum people who came by our booth had the courage to talk smack to our face.... that was probably smart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEZiiP7ThkU

Comment

• Heres how we feel about tha hate

Have a forum feast.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxxPLDZnqwA

Comment

• Heres some more homework for ya

Talk amongst your selves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQRbDSwZIME&feature=related

Comment

• ok guys this goes out to everyone who replied to this post thank you for such a awesome post i laughed for hours uncontrollably so thank you again soooooooo awesome. I felt the need to make this acount just to thank you guys so thanks again you guys rock and BEATKANGZ thank you really thank you for usb in and out really cant wait to see that in action.

ok back to lurking

Comment

• We killed it at Namm.... none of the negative forum people who came by our booth had the courage to talk smack to our face.... that was probably smart

Why, would you have delivered a critical beatdown?

Comment

• thank you for usb in and out really cant wait to see that in action.

Yes, gotta love that Universal Service Bus
                                Synths: TT-303 . Analog Four . Octatrack . uWave II . Monotribe . Monotron Delay . MonotronDrum Machines: Machinedrum UWmkI . Vermona Kick LancetNew DJ Mix - AcidTed - Question Everything

Comment

Working...
                                X