Beat Kangz of Comedy - epic fail?

xmlguy

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

TAW, you're assuming that they actually made the hardware work. There's really no assurance of that at this point. The youtube "demos" (
the thang lives!!
arghhh...) sound like they didn't need much polyphony at all, and even the sound demos they have on their website don't offer a sonic improvement over an SB-246/RT-223 which I think also has flash memory (and compressed sounds).

It certainly seems to have worked, unless they spent their budget trying to fake a working box in all the videos.

If the Beat Thang hardware doesn't see the light of day, it'll be extremely sad, as there were most likely a handful of very talented engineers and project managers who worked tirelessly, only to have their design marginalized and undermined by early marketing attempts. It's like writing a great screenplay, and then Ashton Kutcher comes along and insists on executive producing, and lets Uwe Boll direct.

Trust me, it takes a HELL of a lot of work to create a piece of mass-market MI hardware, and The Beat Kangz, while suggesting features and probably picking colors and buttons, had very little to do with the actual design of the product. I mean, we've asked them repeatedly to give us a polyphony count, and they don't even seem to know.

• Members

If the Beat Thang hardware doesn't see the light of day, it'll be extremely sad, as there were most likely a handful of very talented engineers and project managers who worked tirelessly, only to have their design marginalized and undermined by early marketing attempts.

I'll say. An unfortunate state of affairs for what might have been (could still be?) a very nifty piece of hardware.

• Members

I actually (originally) revisited this topic because I thought there was a review. I saw a while ago that you could purchase (or was it pre-order) on their site and the price was around $1000 if I remember correctly. Did I have too many to drink that night or did anyone else see that?

(or does my post count, 4444, signify the death of this machine :lol:)

• Members

... I saw a while ago that you could purchase (or was it pre-order) on their site and the price was around $1000 if I remember correctly. Did I have too many to drink that night or did anyone else see that?

The Kangz are the only ones who have had "too many to drink".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived