Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I openly admit that I actually prefer...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I openly admit that I actually prefer...

...the sounds of most VA's over actual analogue, does that make me a horrible excuse for a human being?
    A dead astronaut in space...

It just means you can't post over at gearslutz any more
    My VCAs go to 11

Comment

If you sincerely want an answer to that question, then IMO you care too much about what other people think.

We all perceive sounds (and lots of other things) differently. If VA sounds better to you than "actual analogue", why fight it? If nothing else, aside from how it sounds, VA is likely to require a lot less effort to maintain the hardware than certain older gear.

Comment

Nah, I wasn't really being serious.. just a little bored at work this morning. ALTHOUGH, for the music I produce, the slightly more digital sounds of a lot of VAs fit the bill better.

Comment

Yes it does make you a horrible excuse for a human being.
          Alesis QS8, Ensoniq Fizmo, Oberheim OB-12, E-MU Vintage Keys Plus, Rhodes 73 Stage, Wurlitzer 145, Wurlitzer 146B, Wurlitzer 206A, Yamaha CP-70B, Yamaha CP-30, Kawai EP-608, Hohner D6 Clavinet, Mellotron M400, Hammond M-3, Vox Jaguar, Baldwin Fun Machine, Wurlitzer MLM, SCI Pro-One, Moog Rogue, Arp Explorer I, Moog Opus 3, Arp Omni 2, Multivox MX-202, Crumar Orchestrator, Crumar Performer, Akai AX80, Akai AX60 w/S612 sampler, Korg Poly 800, Ensoniq Mirage, Roland CR-78.

Comment

Where are the MODS?? I think this guy should be banned!!
            Roland SC-55 / SC-88VL
            D-110/U-220/JV-880/R-8M
            Complete JV80, SRX, & ARX series boards
            2 X JV-1080
            JV-2080
            XV-3080
            XR
            X8
            G8
            Integra 7 with WNA1100-RL New
            2 X Edirol UM-880 (16 Ports / 256 MIDI channels)
            M-DX10 / M-16DX Mixers
            Zoom H4N Recorder
            Novation ReMOTEZeRO SL
            Mackie SRM150
            The New IPad 64Gb 4G
            Dell i7 920 12Gig RAM / 2 X HD 40 inch Sony EX5 monitors - Sonar X1PE

Comment

Comment

It means that you know what you like and screw what other people think you should like.

You are a unique and special snowflake.
                Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

Seriously.

Some people in this forum will also try to tell you what is supposed to sound good and what's not.

I see it more like as if it were a painting. Some paints are better than others for some purposes, but if the paint you have is doing the job, then use it. The final picture is what matters.
                  http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

I see it more like as if it were a painting. Some paints are better than others for some purposes, but if the paint you have is doing the job, then use it. The final picture is what matters.

Well... MAYBE.

Counter-example: I work wood. I prefer to use hand tools over power tools. Does my end-product look any better? Probably not, but I got a lot more enjoyment out of the process.

So sometimes the finished product isn't the point. Sometimes it's the enjoyment of the process, and what tools you use definitely play a part in that.
                    Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

yea that's if your a nerd
                      Give me my moog, but **** off you american techno rockstar! people in countries I've never been to do it better than you!

Computer Music Guide

Comment

Well... MAYBE.

Counter-example: I work wood. I prefer to use hand tools over power tools. Does my end-product look any better? Probably not, but I got a lot more enjoyment out of the process.

So sometimes the finished product isn't the point. Sometimes it's the enjoyment of the process, and what tools you use definitely play a part in that.

Well, that's a very valid point, to which I add, some people actually prefer the power tools cuz they make your life easier and you get to the same end result anyway
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/christianschulze

Comment

yea that's if your a nerd

Quiet, you!
                          Hurrr. Derp, derp, derp.

Comment

You are a unique and special snowflake.

It's true. I am that. /twirl

Comment

...the sounds of most VA's over actual analogue, does that make me a horrible excuse for a human being?

No, as long as you edit at least one preset. If you did not, then you are a preset jockey and therefore a horrible excuse for a human being

Comment

Working...
                              X