X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gino on Tour

Just a heads up that Gino Vannelli is playing in Atlanta (Variety Playhouse) on 1-24-13, Clearwater, FL (Ruth Eckerd Hall) on 1-26-13, and Orlando (House Of Blues) on 1-27-13:

http://www.ginov.com/tour/

I'm planning on going to the Atlanta one, at this time.
    "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Thanks man!

Definitely not going to miss this !!!

Do you know anything about his band this time?

Cheers!
    The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history. - Hegel

Comment

No clue.

I was just looking at the Street View for this Atlanta Venue: http://goo.gl/maps/4zt5b

That's gonna be interesting!
      "I remember when dubstep was just called "LFO-Locked-Filter-On-Square-Wave-Bass-Synth" in the '60s" - Alan Parsons

Kurzweil PC3♦Alesis Fusion 6HD♦Alesis Quadrasynth+Piano (3)♦Alesis QS7.1 (2)♦Alesis QSR♦ Alesis S4+♦Alesis DMPRO♦Evolution MK-461C♦Rhodes Mark II Stage 73♦Roland JX-8P♦Kawai K1 & K1m♦

Comment

The Variety Playhouse is in the heart of Little Five Points. Go early so you can check out all of the shops.

Wax'n'Facts Records

Junk Mans Daughter is interesting

Savage Pizza has a great meatball subs

Fellini's Pizza has a great pizza

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Five_Points

http://www.atlanta-midtown.com/business/l5p/

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by burster
          View Post

The Variety Playhouse is in the heart of Little Five Points. Go early so you can check out all of the shops.

Junk Mans Daughter is interesting

Savage Pizza has a great meatball subs

Fellini's Pizza has a great pizza

Thanks! Who has great parking?

I haven't been to Little Five Points since I lived in Atlanta in the 1980s. I'm hoping it hasn't changed too much.

Comment

let us know if Joe Vanelli is on keys. I had most of Gino's albums/CD's. Very talented performer and song writer. Good to read he is performing and on tour.
            I live a life of fearless self invention

If you want to see God laugh, don't make any plans

Good is the Enemy of Great

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Son of HuHefner
              View Post

let us know if Joe Vanelli is on keys. I had most of Gino's albums/CD's. Very talented performer and song writer. Good to read he is performing and on tour.

I seriously doubt Joe will be there. He hasn't played with Gino since around 1992. He has a studio in Agoura Hills, California called 'Blue Moon'.

http://www.bluemoonstudiola.com/

Comment

JV is far and above my favorite pop KB guy. Amazing changes and melodies. Killer band too.
                Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something...

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear
                  View Post

JV is far and above my favorite pop KB guy. Amazing changes and melodies. Killer band too.

I think he's a monster player. His voicings are very unique.

Comment

Yes great arrangements too. Wish they had done more.
                    Originally posted by Unconfigured Static HTML Widget...

Write Something...

Comment

• Synthaholic
                      Synthaholic commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Is anyone else going to this Atlanta show? Christian Rock? Anyone? Bueller?...Bueller?

Gino Vanelli

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Mooginator
                      View Post

Gino Vanelli

What's wrong with Gino Vannelli? (btw, it has two N, not one). He's written many cool songs. I fondly remember "Black Cars" with its awesome synth riffs
                      SynthMania.com
                      SynthManiaYouTube

Comment

Gino and Joe were synth pioneers. Back when you could only play one note at a time, their use of big multitracked lush synth chords were a revelation on the radio. And their band was absolutely bad ass. Don't diss the boys!
                        Moe---It puts the SINES in the basket, or else it gets the hose again.http://www.hotrodmotm.com

Comment

hey you like what you like, I just always found both music and lyrics ultra corny and croony. If he couldnt use a maj7 chord or a maj7 chord with 2 in the bass ( some of you call those 11th chords) and min7 with the 2 replacing the tonic and the 5th on top, then you wouldnt have any songs left over.

Comment

I always liked Gino Vannelli's music. His fame originally stemmed from his late 70s / early 80s 'soft rock' hits, but he was/is a very solid songwriter, musician, and vocalist.

It's really a shame that songwriters like Vannelli largely fell out of favor after it was no longer considered "cool" to write heartfelt songs about love. He still has devoted fans, but he hasn't charted a hit in probably 20 years -- which to me is more an indicator of the direction popular music has taken.

There's a whole fraternity of great songwriters from that era who probably wouldn't even get a shot at fame today -- Stephen Bishop, Andrew Gold, Dan Fogelberg, David Pack (Ambrosia), Gino Vannelli, Christopher Cross, David Gates, Sonny Geraci, Nicolette Larson, Gerry Rafferty, etc.
                            Kronos, Fant.G8, PC3X, K2500RS, A6, Q, M3-61, Fant.X7, Motif 8, EX5(x2), V-Synth, K2000(x2), D50, JD800, JD990, JP8080, XP30, MC909, MC505, JX-10, JX-305, TR-707, Juno 1, DR-202, Radias, Triton Pro, Wavest. SR, EMX1, ESX1, ER-1, EA-1, R3, Poly 800, RS7000, FS1R (x2), RM1X, AN200, DX200, QY70, QY100, K5000S, OB-12, Maschine,ASR10,ASR88,ASR-X Pro, EPS,Virus B, Equinox,E-Mu XL-7,MiniAK, Synthstation,X-Station, XioSynth,TG33,Venom,V50,UltraNova,Z1,Spark,Moog LP Stage II, JP8000,Tetra,Supernova 2.

Comment

Working...
                            X