Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new guy here. I bought an LE recently and it's been awesome, especially coming from using only the effects on my old amp! This community is great too, I'm making my way through reading all the pages...

Anyway, just today I got hold of an EHX "White Finger" compressor and I was wondering how to hook it up to my LE. Is it ok to do this: guitar -> compressor -> tonelab -> PA? or can the tonelab only handle a signal straight from a guitar?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Hanzy
      View Post

Another new guy here. I bought an LE recently and it's been awesome, especially coming from using only the effects on my old amp! This community is great too, I'm making my way through reading all the pages...

Anyway, just today I got hold of an EHX "White Finger" compressor and I was wondering how to hook it up to my LE. Is it ok to do this: guitar -> compressor -> tonelab -> PA? or can the tonelab only handle a signal straight from a guitar?

You can also use it through TLE's effect loop...

Comment

• Right, I'll be cautious with the volume, thanks for the replies.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Gallaghonya
          View Post

You can also use it through TLE's effect loop...

yup, just figured it out, thanks!

Comment

• I don't really post here but I do a lot of reading and this is a great forum.

Based on all of the reviews I purchased a used tonelab at a good price and in 100% working order.

The first thing I did was to download the free editor software from the Vox website and hooked up my tonelab to my computer via midi in and out.

I tell you this is the only way to tweak and design your own patches.

I purchased a Radio Shack db meter with a small tripod. I put this db meter right in front of my amp. I went through all of my patches and on my computer I was able to get the same volume output for every patch I use.

So no mater what patch I press it is going to be at the same level as all of the others.

I have to say the NR is a must on a lot of these presets. Just my $02., thanks.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by steve350
              View Post

I have to say the NR is a must on a lot of these presets.

Forgive me, but what's an NR?

Comment

• Is it true you can only have one effect from each group per patch? For example, can you have a patch that has flange and rotary from the modulation group? Thanks!

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by 777Brad
                  View Post

Forgive me, but what's an NR?

Sorry, I meant the Noise Reduction setting. I found that most not all need anywhere from an 8.0 to 10.00 setting.

Comment

• Am I right that Noise Reduction decreases the sustain of held notes?

Comment

• I guess it depends a bit on the guitar you are using. It did effect the sustain somewhat. I am using this primarily for recording so the noise factor is a bigger concern for me. Thank you.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by jakoblose
                        View Post

Is there any way to get the delay to continue after you switch from one path to another? When I play lead with delay (eg bank 3, no4) and then change to rhythm (bank 3 no 2), the delay cuts off without continuing as I think it should and would do with any stompbox (and even did with my old Boss ME5!!!)? Any solutions? suggestions?

Thanks

So surprised I´m the only one with this problem - or why isn´t anybody answering ANY of my posts??? Guess I´m not the only perfectionist with my sound...

Reply!!! - let me know if it´s only my TLLE or it's normal

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by jakoblose
                          View Post

So surprised I´m the only one with this problem - or why isn´t anybody answering ANY of my posts??? Guess I´m not the only perfectionist with my sound...

Reply!!! - let me know if it´s only my TLLE or it's normal

I am no expert on this processor but if you are going from one preset that has delay to another and it does not have delay, isn't this just a function of writing delay into that second preset?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by New Trail
                            View Post

Is it true you can only have one effect from each group per patch? For example, can you have a patch that has flange and rotary from the modulation group? Thanks!

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by steve350
                              View Post

I am no expert on this processor but if you are going from one preset that has delay to another and it does not have delay, isn't this just a function of writing delay into that second preset?

It cuts off the count because it switches from one patch to another. There's an abrupt cutoff. The reasoning was in the thread somewhere, but there's only one sound channel in effect, so having trails would require a second channel to remain "open" and let it drone out

Quote Originally Posted by New Trail
                              View Post

Yes only one effect per patch

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by New Trail
                                View Post

One effect per group at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X