Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Guys, I have owned the LE for 3 weeks and I love it so far. One question that I have is the amp/line setting. I currently run it on Ln2 and have it running through the effects loop return on the back of my head bypassing all of my heads built in effects including volume. I just want to make sure that this will not cause any issues with the (LE) unit. The sound is so much better than the amp1-3 settings plus you have access to the eq. Amp1-3 sounds like my rig fell inside of a cave.....yuck!

Now I am a newbie when it comes to modelers, but I have been playing for 25 years and think that I know good tone when I hear it so are my settings ok, or am I perhaps missing something?? Is it possible that this unit can sound BETTER and I just dont know it??? If so please enlighten the rookie LOL......

Thanx
    Destiny Falls

Fender Strat
    Peavey Windor 100 Watt Head
    Laney 4x12
    Celestians
    Vox Tonelab LE

Comment

• about Tonelab is the Pitchshifter. It sucks - really. Compared to Guitar Rig's pitchshifter/whammy effect, i can´t get into my head how a software can sound so much better (this effect only - Tonelab is the best when it comes to talk about sound quality) I wonder why???

Comment

• anybody got any clue as to when Vox is planning on releasing the next version of the Tonelab?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by thedh02
          View Post

anybody got any clue as to when Vox is planning on releasing the next version of the Tonelab?

When Vox stopped research on the new Black Diamond amps, I emailed them to ask if there was a another version of the TLLE being planned that would have (1) efx loop assignable anywhere in the chain, and (2) the comp/wah/ODs in separate banks. That would make a killer pedal.

Alas, they said nothing was happening...course, they may not be allowed to discuss things like that...

Mark
          Good transactions with: miggy01, DonaldDemon, Virex, Buildsem, MCon, Puddlegum, adamsa, gherb, spacecaptain21, Farbulous, aldo247, flummox, Ron Jambo/infragreen, aywilson

Comment

• that would be killer... also I always thought maybe just throwing in two identical Pedal banks would solve that problem. being able to place the insert wherever you want would also be awesome.

but no matter how much people request those things I have a sneaking suspision they wouldn't do it... it would make it too perfect, you know what i mean? most companies want you to have to upgrade every couple of years

Comment

• At the moment I record using my guitar straight into the LE and then into a Yamaha 01X (Sound Card/Mixer/Controller). My question is would it be possible to plug into an amp then take a line out into the LE? What I want to do is use the real amp for warmth and sound and the LE for FX before going into the mixing desk. The reason being I could use the LE stereo FX's going into the mixer on two channels. If I use the LE up front I will get a mono out from the amp line out. If that sounds chinese I apologize but I hope someone might be able to help.

Gerry
              Those who can't dance always blame the band.
              http://www.gerrycooper.com/
              Guitars: Tom Anderson Cobra S. Godin LG HMB. Epiphone Sheraton and Squire Strat.

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Custom Blue
                View Post

At the moment I record using my guitar straight into the LE and then into a Yamaha 01X (Sound Card/Mixer/Controller). My question is would it be possible to plug into an amp then take a line out into the LE? What I want to do is use the real amp for warmth and sound and the LE for FX before going into the mixing desk. The reason being I could use the LE stereo FX's going into the mixer on two channels. If I use the LE up front I will get a mono out from the amp line out. If that sounds chinese I apologize but I hope someone might be able to help.

Gerry

I am not sure but I think that wouldn't be possible unless you had an attenuator with a line out. Unless you have an amp with a line out with a speaker simulator built in. Hopefully someone else will chime in because I am no expert and am continually learning.
                Guitars:Fender 50th Anniv. USA Ultra - Rickenbacker 360 - Gibson LP Trad. Mahogany Satin - PRS Std 22 - '13 Gibson SG Std - Fender MIM Strat (VG20 p'ups) - '78 Guild D40
                Heads: Mesa Dual Rec (Rev. F) - Soldano Astroverb - Marshall JVM205 Combos:Swart AST - '75 Fender Vibro Champ - 3 Monkeys Sock Monkey

Comment

• Hey thanks for replying perhaps I explained it rather badly before.

I was thinking of getting a Fender Super Champ XD which has a 1/4" standard mono plug speaker out on it. I should have used speaker out rather than line out which is misleading. My thinking was I could get some of the valve warmth and also use some of the amp modelling on the Fender and use the LE for post FX and take advantage of the stereo out from the LE into the Yamaha 01X for recording. I could also of course take the clean channel out from the Fender and use the LE amp models.

In theory I canot see why this woudn't work but Vox Tonelab Customer support are a bit slow in replying so any advice would be much appreciated.

Gerry
                  Guitars: Tom Anderson Cobra S. Godin LG HMB. Epiphone Sheraton and Squire Strat.

Comment

• Unashamed Bump Can you use the 1/4" standard mono plug speaker out on a Fender Super Champ XD into the input on the LE?

Called VOX UK this morning and the answer is NO basically the Tonelab is designed to take a guitar signal and the speaker out signal will be considerably greater and could fry the LE. Line out would be a better option but again not recommended. OK the answer to me is pretty clear as line outs from amps are really poor sounding. Guitar - LE- Amp mic'd up with an SM57 into Mixing Desk and bingo. Possiby why everyone does it that way LOLO not sure why I wanted to be different

Oh and great to see the forum back on line.

Gerry

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Custom Blue
                      View Post

Unashamed Bump Can you use the 1/4" standard mono plug speaker out on a Fender Super Champ XD into the input on the LE?

Called VOX UK this morning and the answer is NO basically the Tonelab is designed to take a guitar signal and the speaker out signal will be considerably greater and could fry the LE. Line out would be a better option but again not recommended. OK the answer to me is pretty clear as line outs from amps are really poor sounding. Guitar - LE- Amp mic'd up with an SM57 into Mixing Desk and bingo. Possiby why everyone does it that way LOLO not sure why I wanted to be different

Oh and great to see the forum back on line.

Gerry

It could also damage the amp since it wouldn't have a proper load on the transformer without an actual speaker or attenuator connected.
                      Guitars:Fender 50th Anniv. USA Ultra - Rickenbacker 360 - Gibson LP Trad. Mahogany Satin - PRS Std 22 - '13 Gibson SG Std - Fender MIM Strat (VG20 p'ups) - '78 Guild D40
                      Heads: Mesa Dual Rec (Rev. F) - Soldano Astroverb - Marshall JVM205 Combos:Swart AST - '75 Fender Vibro Champ - 3 Monkeys Sock Monkey

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by donsimon76
                        View Post

It could also damage the amp since it wouldn't have a proper load on the transformer without an actual speaker or attenuator connected.

I suspect you are absolutely right and I have shelved the idea altogether. The idea in itself was not a bad one in terms of using the stereo out from the LE into the mixing desk but it is now obvious that putting the LE after the amp in the route to the mixer is not a good one.

Thanks for your input on this and no pun intended.

Gerry

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by teetop
                          View Post

When Vox stopped research on the new Black Diamond amps, I emailed them to ask if there was a another version of the TLLE being planned that would have (1) efx loop assignable anywhere in the chain, and (2) the comp/wah/ODs in separate banks. That would make a killer pedal.

Alas, they said nothing was happening...course, they may not be allowed to discuss things like that...

Mark

Good ideas. I'd take it further and try to ungroup the pedals entirely. Making any combination of pedals mutually exclusive really detracts from the Tonelab. For example, Hendrix or Trower fans would want to use some form of distortion, wah and univibe, all three of which are mutually exclusive. That's just a really poor design that most other similar products don't seem to have.

Comment

• I've been reading about DI boxes for louder and clearer signal to mixers and amps. But on Thomann's online guide it makes me doubt whether it is necesaary for Tonelab (http://www.thomann.de/es/onlineexpert_154_5.html).

Should I use a DI box or is it good enough to use low capacitance cables or if they are not longer than 6 meters?

For example Cordial CSI 6 PP-Gold (http://www.thomann.de/es/cordial_csi_6_ppt.htm) or CORDIAL CSI9PP with 76pF/m (http://www.thomann.de/es/cordial_csi..._silent_9m.htm)

Thanks a lot

Jakob

Comment

• vox valvetronics is same brain in tonelab by vox,it sounds killer,digitech rp250 also rocks,i have a art 2000 express also,they all can sound good,just depends on how you use it,and how you tweak it,and how good the guitar is that you plug into it amp,pa speakers ects,I am not a pro though,and I have seen guys who can achieve sounds that ican only dream of useing the very same units,

song 2 ,5 and 6 are all done useing a digitech rp250 straight into a pc,

my vox sounds better with less tweaking,

http://www.myspace.com/window100
                              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roby-...app_2405167945

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=53770&T=8713

Comment

• I think Vox have brought more innovations to the guitar world then most people probably give them credit for...with that being said using tubes in a pedal along with the analog controls seems to me like every guitarists dream. You can take the tubes out of the amp but you can't take the tubes out of the guitarist.

Comment

Working...
                                X