X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logic Pro X

Looks like Apple has released Logic Pro X. Seems like there's a fairly decent amount of new features too. Check it out at:

www.apple.com/logic-pro/

Anyone planning on upgrading your current version of Logic? Switching to Logic from something else? The price seems quite reasonable for new users at $199.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

I'll do it at some point.

Comment

looks good on paper (so to speak)... it will be interesting to hear how good things like drummer and their pitch correction tool etc are

i'm still on logic 8, but will need to upgrade my computer at some point as my dual core macbook pro won't cut it forever.... i'll probably change to x then

Comment

just to add

how spoiled are we these days?.... what $200 gets you now is bloody unbelievable

Comment

I just got it a few days ago.  I'm totally new to recording, haven't used anything like this before.  I gotta say, I'm liking it so far.  

Comment

• gdoubleyou
          gdoubleyou commented
          Editing a comment

I've been trying it out for a few weeks, and I'm about ready to make the full transition.

It's basically Logic 9 with a facelift and a tune up under the hood.

It has basic mode where the interface is more GarageBand-like, for novice users.

Activate the advanced tools and it's Logic Pro plus the new features.

The Logic Remote iPad app alone will change my workflow.

For more details http://www.apple.com/logic-pro/in-depth/

i've made the switch from 8... liking it so far

Comment

Working...
        X