Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signed Up For Gearfest

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Signed Up For Gearfest

    I've always wanted to go but never have for some reason. It's probably an 8 or 9 hour drive but I'm planning to ride the hog if the weather cooperates. Will I see you there?

    I'm gonna learn how to make amp sims sound totally fab!
    Last edited by ggm1960; 05-15-2014, 09:09 AM.
    http://www.crazydeliciousband.com/

  • #2
    This is the Sweetwater thing, right? I've never been to one. Indiana is a little bit of a drive from California. But please lettuce know how it goes and what you think of it!
    Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ggm1960 View Post

      I'm gonna learn how to make amp sims sound totally fab!
      Indeed, you will And maybe a few other things, too!
      _____________________________________________
      There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by UstadKhanAli View Post
        This is the Sweetwater thing, right? I've never been to one. Indiana is a little bit of a drive from California. But please lettuce know how it goes and what you think of it!
        Yes the Sweetwater thing. It's highly rated, like Sturgis for musicians.
        http://www.crazydeliciousband.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Anderton View Post

          Indeed, you will And maybe a few other things, too!
          The list of speakers, workshops and demo performances is impressive indeed. It'll be tough trying to soak it all in!
          http://www.crazydeliciousband.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            The fest was lots of fun, as usual. This makes my third or fourth one, but I live only two hours away.

            I especially enjoyed the "Making Amp Sims Sound Fabulous" workshop. That is, until about halfway through when I got an emergency call* requiring me to leave.

            Any chance, Mr. A, that one could find that presentation helpfully posted about the web somewhere? I'd love to hear the rest of it.

            *It was from my son, who needed some dough for a 'once in a lifetime deal' on a used bass cab in the flea market tent. The seller was packing out right now & said "If I don't have to carry it away tonight, I'll knock off fifty more bucks..."
            ComputerMusicGuide.com

            Comment


            • #7
              "Plink Floyd"... why does that name ring a bell?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Plink Floyd View Post

                I especially enjoyed the "Making Amp Sims Sound Fabulous" workshop. That is, until about halfway through when I got an emergency call* requiring me to leave.

                Any chance, Mr. A, that one could find that presentation helpfully posted about the web somewhere? I'd love to hear the rest of it.
                I also was present at that seminar and at the end Craig mentioned making the accompanying PDF file available perhaps on this forum. Also another advantage of having stayed until the end I was fortunate enough to have a photo taken with Mr. Anderton!


                http://www.crazydeliciousband.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ggm1960 View Post
                  Craig mentioned making the accompanying PDF file available perhaps on this forum.
                  Oh I do hope so. I was very bummed about missing half of it. Even if I hadn't had to leave, I'm sure I'd find the pdf useful as a reference.
                  ComputerMusicGuide.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ggm1960 View Post

                    I also was present at that seminar and at the end Craig mentioned making the accompanying PDF file available perhaps on this forum. Also another advantage of having stayed until the end I was fortunate enough to have a photo taken with Mr. Anderton!
                    I thought you were letting me take a photo with you Either way, thanks for attending the seminar and especially for introducing yourself.

                    Plink Floyd, I'm really sorry you missed the multiband part because I thought that was the most important part, and the PDF doesn't include the cool tricks like putting different delays in the different bands...on well.

                    Anyway, here's a link to the PDF - but it expires in 7 days, so grab it while you can. Thanks again for coming to the seminar!

                    https://www.hightail.com/download/ZU...T01ubVhLd01UQw





                    _____________________________________________
                    There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Anderton View Post
                      Anyway, here's a link to the PDF -
                      Got it, thanks!
                      ComputerMusicGuide.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hmmm......I can't get the file, I'll have to try it from home later.
                        http://www.crazydeliciousband.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Anderton View Post

                          I thought you were letting me take a photo with you Either way, thanks for attending the seminar and especially for introducing yourself.
                          I really enjoyed the seminar, like the numerous articles you've authored it was well presented and very informative, however, the live presentation gave it that extra special kick!
                          http://www.crazydeliciousband.com/

                          Comment



                          Working...
                          X