Might I Crave Your Indulgence?

Mark L

• Members

There's a young chap with whom I interact at another place online. He's a guitarist and a singer, and a budding songwriter

Yesterday he uploaded a song he'd written to Soundcloud and asked me my opinion. I really like it and told him so. I think it's a charming song and he sings it in his 'normal' accent

If you can spare two and a half minutes, would you mind having a listen? I think he needs a confidence boost :)

• Members

You can crave my indulgence all you want, mate... whether or not you get it... another matter. biggrin.gif

I think this sounds quite nice in a down-home way. His vocals are very human and that's endearing in this era of singing robots. The little slide touches have a nice George Harrison kind of vibe.

Very charming, very nice.

thumb_zps456fc56e.gif

• Members

Love it. Charming song. Maybe the lyrics are a little unimaginative, but the strummed guitar groove is very novel, love the slide guitar and wish there were more of it. Most of all, I LOVE his North Country accent. I'll kick the guy in the bum if he tries to smoov it out into some American accent. KEEP...THAT...MANKY/LANKY.....ACCENT. I'm tellin' ya. Maybe it's time for a British Invasion, Pt. III

Please put BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT shyte and naff English Boy Band clones out of its misery, one-and-for-all; We want something that sounds like it came from the real country of England, with real English blood in it, like this recording does.

• Members

A splendid song...Sung and played so candidly..The slide work reminds me more of Peter Green's however. George Harrison's technique on slide is ridiculously hard to capture faithfully. I do believe there was no other that played slide like he did, and just got better and better with age. No one sounds like he did.

But thanks for introducing us to this Young Fella Mark. I am now "Following" him and will do so with great interest!

• Members
A splendid song...Sung and played so candidly..The slide work reminds me more of Peter Green's however. George Harrison's technique on slide is ridiculously hard to capture faithfully. I do believe there was no other that played slide like he did, and just got better and better with age. No one sounds like he did.

But thanks for introducing us to this Young Fella Mark. I am now "Following" him and will do so with great interest!

Thanks, matey. I've passed on your comment to the young fella :)

Archived