Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Anyone using Live 5 yet?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone using Live 5 yet?

    Just curious...looks cool, and they had a public beta up for a while...
    _____________________________________________
    There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

  • #2
    Originally posted by Anderton
    Just curious...looks cool, and they had a public beta up for a while...


    Yes! I think the upgrade is very good indeed but I am still not sold on using it as my only sequencer. DP still gets my vote but for song writing, sound design and "extreme" midi sequencing, I love Live.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm still trying to decide if I want to update to Live 5. It is a fun program but when I want to finish a song it starts feeling very limited.

      Does anyone use Operator? Is it worth getting for users of FM7?

      Robert
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Red"><i>My friends have big houses and new cars. I own music equipment.</i></font></div>

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Rabid
        I'm still trying to decide if I want to update to Live 5. It is a fun program but when I want to finish a song it starts feeling very limited.

        Does anyone use Operator? Is it worth getting for users of FM7?

        Robert


        I have the upgrade but have not really gotten into it YET.

        Robert,
        The LIVE! 5 Demo/download/upgrade has a new demo song using only a vocal clip and the rest is Simpler (etc) and Operator.
        Kinda impressive at least at first listen.
        The old demo song has been improved also (thankfully!)

        Edit: What I am saying is that anyone can download the demo which is then upgradable/purchasable (?) . . . and play the new Operator heavy demo song.

        Pilgrim

        Comment


        • #5
          Hello

          I should have downloaded/tried LIVE 5 a while ago but I'm not really into Beta-testing stuff. I hate bugs!

          I will wait a couple of months to go after the 5 version and its patches.

          OPERATOR is a fine synth. It does not sound like FM7 (you can not compare them since OPERATOR is only 4 FM ops) but it's SO tweakeable it rocks. Its seamless integration to LIVE and the automation are fantastic. I feel it kinda "expensive" (go figure
          ) for the sound it delivers, but that's not my main concern.
          www.guslozada.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gus Lozada
            Hello

            I should have downloaded/tried LIVE 5 a while ago but I'm not really into Beta-testing stuff. I hate bugs!

            I will wait a couple of months to go after the 5 version and its patches.

            OPERATOR is a fine synth. It does not sound like FM7 (you can not compare them since OPERATOR is only 4 FM ops) but it's SO tweakeable it rocks. Its seamless integration to LIVE and the automation are fantastic. I feel it kinda "expensive" (go figure
            ) for the sound it delivers, but that's not my main concern.

            Gus, Everybody,
            Live5.01 is available NOW (2 days ago). The demo is the same as real, just can't save but has OPERATOR included (Demo).
            Ditto on OPERATOR, Gus. . . is available for $99 with Live5.01 upgrade or new. Check Ableton.com.

            I did not get Operator and probably will not. . . ($) ;-) Have enough. . .

            Pilgrim

            Comment



            Working...
            X