10 comedians more bitter than Lewis Black

Geoff Grace

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

I don't know him. Can Rodney Dangerfield hold a candle to 'im? But that's not so much bitter as self-deprecating....okay, I give up.

I was feeling generationally excluded 'til I saw that, Ken. Since you're at least a couple decades younger than I, that makes me feel a little better.

What worries me, though, is how steadfastly I'm resisting just going to YouTube to find out what's up...

But then the fact that my response would be to find him on YouTube...

We're ALL going post-literate... I thought I'd be the last to go and yet here I am... "I'll just Google him... no, better yet, cut to the chase: YouTube him."

UPDATE: No, what I SHOULD be worried about is that I was just watching this guy on YouTube a couple weeks ago. That makes me feel as old as Lewis Black looks. Oh, wait, I think I am.

Emerging conviction: not everyone should be allowed to post content to YouTube since not everyone seems to understand that holding a webcam and desktop mic in front of a TV is NOT the best way to share a good bit from the box... Sigh.

• Members
Originally posted by blue2blue

I was feeling generationally excluded 'til I saw that, Ken. Since you're at least a couple decades younger than I, that makes me feel a little better.

Oh, hey, if I can make someone feel better, even unintentionally, that's all good!!
:D

You're a couple of decades older? So you're 37?

We're ALL going post-literate... I thought I'd be the last to go and yet here I am... "I'll just
Google
him... no, better yet, cut to the chase:
YouTube
him."

It's sort of like having a ridiculously all-encompassing set of encyclopedias, though, isn't it? I mean, sure, we're not looking up things and reading quite as much, but the accessibility is really fascinating. Obviously, going post-literate has its drawbacks - if you don't believe me, check out just about any chatroom - but the accessibility is fascinating to me. I look up all sorts of things constantly, just about every day. Doesn't matter whether it's looking up the etiology of a phrase, looking up a historical event or figure, trying to figure out the recipe for
sopa a la criolla
or whatever.

• Members

ALL comedians are better than Richard Lewis..I cannot stand him...the forehead grab thing, crouched, Peter Falk walk....cringe....

Old School- Pryor

Family- Cosby

Mid-School- Eddie Murphy

Classic- Red Foxx

I used to like George Carlin alot, but I just fried out on his 'wit'.

Ron White is a current fave, just cause of the 'I don't think so, f*cker.....and I was wrong" line...

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

When I got my first modern notebook not long after my favorite coffee house put in free Wi-Fi I pretty much took it into the coffee shop every day so I wouldn't have to fight for leftover sections of newspaper.

After a while, when I'd show up without my laptop, I'd joke that I was 20 IQ points dumber without it.

But really, it was more like 30...

• Members

Originally posted by Geoff Grace

10 comedians more bitter than Lewis Black

I got two.

Andrew Dice Clay after his career took a nose dive. Very bitter...

And

John Belushi during his Weekend Update commentaries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8qgIKfqHqw

Originally posted by Slomo

Sam Kinison

I never could stomach Sam Kinison. He's like a heavy metal Larry the Cable Guy. But he was certainly bitter.

Archived