"MICR-ADOBE-CAKE-SOFT" Is it inevitable?

• Members

I would really hate for that to happen.

It was with a horrible sinking feeling (that I still haven't got over) that I read Adobe was buying one of my primary toolsets, Macromedia's Flash-Dreamweaver-Fireworks combination (which they almost immediately dropped the quite useful Fireworks from, since it competed with already existing Adobe products, all without lowering the price).

And, clearly, MS is lost in the woods with only the faint glimmer of hope that is the someday release of a supposedly leaner/meaner Windows 7 in or around 2010.

Cakewalk and their flagship, Sonar, are hardly in that bumbling league.

(Although Sonar is subject to some multi-core spiking issues that seem to effect some plugs, dragging down recent plug-hosting benchmarks. But it appears the Sonar dev team are aware of this problem and we can only hope they bring the usual solution-within-a-year effort to a fix version, since both Reaper and even Nuendo are kicking Sonar's backside in head-to-head plug-in-hosting comparisons.)

• Members

Is that why I keep peering out my front window every ten minutes and have black electrical tape covering all my electrical outlets?

Um no. The reason you do that stuff is because you think it might protect you from the evil guys, but they really have you right where they want you. Just think about it: Weren't you drawn to reading this silly post of mine. AHA! Gotcha! :freak::D

Archived