Anyone up for a weird idea?Considering Otis Redding

boosh

• Members

I've been singing Otis Redding's Sitting on the dock of the bay all day long,...

I came upon this idea...

What if I record my vocals here at home and videotape myself doing it.( I can sing it,..don't worry,....)

It would be so cool if someone played drums,bass,guitars,....backing vocals,...a horn section etc etc too,...and video taped themselves also,...

If someone would mix the track fine and if someone else could mix the video,..we could have a cool nifty project going on,...

I already asked Russ Ragsdale to record some guitars for it with an accomplying video of himself playing but I gues I didn't push him enough,.....

I'll ask again tomorrow!

Guitar and vocals will be settled then,...

Mixing,

Video editing ,

Bass,

Keys,

production,

Horns,

Drums,....

Backing Vocals,....

Anything up for an incontinental(that looks weird,...does it spell - intercontinental???) experiment like that?

Just for fun and to throw the stuff on YouTube for the whole world to enjoy,....

Booshy

• Members

Oh,....I forgot,...it must be a challenge,...

This version must be so great it hits 1 million visitors on YouTube,...

I know we can hit this off because there's so much talent onhere and so many pros -,....semi-pros,...

It would be a blast to have around 12 or more people from the forum working on such a thing and create a buzzzzzz on the net.

Booshy

• Members

Good songs and good music are meant to be sung,played and listened to.

There is no law that prohibits the playing of music written by others.

I don't care how bad a performance or a cover is brought, if people enjoy listening to it or have fun doing it the goal is achieved.

I think Gibson , Fender and all instrument manufacturers can shut down their production lines because some idiots think that good music can never be recorded or played again.

Archived