Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ___

Silent for Rick .... :cry:

Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

I was listening to Pandora this morning at work and this tune came on. When I heard it, for whatever reason, I thought this sounds like that rhino55 fella from that songwriting forum. I havn't listened to too much of rhino's stuff and don't know him at all, but the few demos I have heard sound like they would fit right in with this.

So FWIW, this reminds me of you rhino55

Comment

Also thinking of Rick:

Comment

wow... in kind of does.
          ___

Comment

Some day, I want to sit down with bee3 and write a song like this:

Comment

Bruce Cockburn.

“I started being a songwriter pretending I could do it, and it turned out I could.” —James Taylor.

Comment

music and social stuff | The Forgotify Files | A Year of Songs | mutant pop on facebook | roots acoustic on facebook

The chorus seems a little weak... I think it needs more lasers.

Comment

I haven't listened to it yet but am flattered that you thought of me. Hopefully it doesn't suck.

Cheers!

Comment

I like this song. Especially the bass.

“I started being a songwriter pretending I could do it, and it turned out I could.” —James Taylor.

Comment

Carl Perkins.

The Beatles.

Comment

I do love me some Dan Hicks. I love his voice, his tunesmithery, not to mention his choice of singing partner here: Rickie Lee Jones.

Comment

Phil!

I always love those sometimes woody/sometimes bitey, scooped bass sounds that guys like Lesh, the Airplane's Jack Cassidy, the Move's Jeff Lynne, or Yes's Chris Squire have gotten over the years.

Speaking of which, my favorite Move track -- and one of my all time favorites...

Best opening lines of all time...

"People throwing pennies in my soup
                          expecting me to be ashamed of you... "

music and social stuff | The Forgotify Files | A Year of Songs | mutant pop on facebook | roots acoustic on facebook

Comment

Jack Sheldon was my favorite comedian of the 1960s. This is not his best routine, but it cracks me up.

He's also a great singer.

He also played sweet, beautiful jazz trumpet.

I don't think there's never been anybody like him.

Comment

They say Chet Baker was funny... in a sad kind of way.

Comment

• Working...
                                X