guitar center sales???

poomwah

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seems like every weekend is some mind-blowing, 1000% off everything in the store, super-{censored}ing-duper-blow-out-sale-to-end-all-blow-out-sales every weekend.

At least that's what their radio ads are like. :rolleyes:

But I haven't received anything in the mail from them lately, so I don't know.

• CMS Author

No such thing any more...since they went to the 'no haggle' policy, that place is as lame as Sam Ash....the home of "75% off" (list) sales. Hell, I pointed out to one of the guys that their sale price was still higher than retail the day before. He laughed, I laughed, yeah.....good times.

GC used to be better if you went when {censored} *wasn't* on sale. I always got better deals just talking to the dept mgr.

• Members

No such thing any more...since they went to the 'no haggle' policy, that place is as lame as Sam Ash....the home of "75% off" (list) sales. Hell, I pointed out to one of the guys that their sale price was still higher than retail the day before. He laughed, I laughed, yeah.....good times.

GC used to be better if you went when {censored} *wasn't* on sale. I always got better deals just talking to the dept mgr.

thank this d-bag homophobe

mitt%20romney.jpg

• Members

if something in the store has a price tag of 400... and they are 300 on the website... do they have to honor the price difference PLUS 10 percent? or just match it since its guitar center still

just match the price, that only applies to price matches with other authorized dealers.

• Members

unfortunately no good sales going right now, we just ended a 10% off almost everything for January (Plunge sale). If you sign up for the newsletter, it will inform you of all current promos.

I get a promo it seems every other week (or at least monthly) from GC and none of them are worthwhile.

I've also gone to every xmas, black friday, and closeout for the past few years and I don't think I'll ever be going to one again. Goddamn waste of my time.

• Members

I get a promo it seems every other week (or at least monthly) from GC and none of them are worthwhile.

I've also gone to every xmas, black friday, and closeout for the past few years and I don't think I'll ever be going to one again. Goddamn waste of my time.

to each his own.

• Members

to each his own.

To each his own? This isn't me being some self-important whiny douchebag who is throwing a tantrum because he can't haggle anymore.

If a company's xmas and BF sales aren't worth a damn, then that's really saying something.

• CMS Author

just match the price, that only applies to price matches with other authorized dealers.

Yeah, that means only websites that have retail outlets within x-miles, only for stores that publish the model # of the item, yadda-yadda.....

Next thing we'll be seeing is what HD and Lowe's have been doing for years; exclusive brand model manipulation....GC will get a contract with Marshall to be exclusive retailer of certain amps. You can't price match if the item isn't exactly the same model.

Go to Lowe's and look at a GE fridge. Go to Home Depot and look at a GE fridge. You'll never see matching model #'s.

• Members

To each his own? This isn't me being some self-important whiny douchebag who is throwing a tantrum because he can't haggle anymore.

If a company's xmas and BF sales aren't worth a damn, then that's really saying something.

ahhh, I knew this was going to come up with you. Cool, you don't like the sales, I am fine with that, so my response "to each his own" fits, as you are not the only one with an opinion on this world, even though you do seem to act like that at times.

Never said you were being self-important or whiney, and not sure where you got that out of my post other than to start an argument.

• Members

Yeah, that means only websites that have retail outlets within x-miles, only for stores that publish the model # of the item, yadda-yadda.....

Next thing we'll be seeing is what HD and Lowe's have been doing for years; exclusive brand model manipulation....GC will get a contract with Marshall to be exclusive retailer of certain amps. You can't price match if the item isn't exactly the same model.

Go to Lowe's and look at a GE fridge. Go to Home Depot and look at a GE fridge. You'll never see matching model #'s.

I certainly hope not to tell the truth. I am a firm believer in a competitive market place, and that does not equal to a competitive market place in my opinion.

• Members

Excellent article, hit it right on the head. Romney, eh? So this forum and website is owned by his group? ew

yep. but you dont see me giving a penny to this site do you? nope. never will either. nor will i ever give a penny of my money to any of that scumbag's companies. but i'll take take take from them all i can. which is why i post here and will go into a guitar center to try out stuff before i go home and shop online :thu:

• Moderators

Actually, since the purchase, my local GC really sucks. Not that I won't go there for the occasional odds and ends, but nothing used of decent value. If it is, the price is sadly not anywhere near a bargain (let alone market price), the inventory has went down by 150%. The store used to be stocked to the gills. Now it looks too sterile.

• Members

ahhh, I knew this was going to come up with you. Cool, you don't like the sales, I am fine with that, so my response "to each his own" fits, as you are not the only one with an opinion on this world, even though you do seem to act like that at times.

Never said you were being self-important or whiney, and not sure where you got that out of my post other than to start an argument.

I didn't realize I had such a reputation for being hard-headed and stubborn. :p

If you check the threads from the previous sales over the past 2 years, you'll see most everyone else agrees. Some people get lucky and find a really old clearance item or a scratch/dent sale or whatnot, but overall, most sales haven't done a whole lot for many people. Remember when they did stuff like Rockbass's for $99 for BF, or whatnot? Now you're lucky to get a 20% off coupon (not eligible on brand a,b,c....x,y,z).

Hey, to each their own indeed, if people want to shop there they are more than welcome. I personally don't have a grudge against GC, I buy stuff there. But having said that, their sales do suck.

Er, sorry. Their sales do suck... IMO. :D

• Members

Actually, since the purchase, my local GC really sucks. Not that I won't go there for the occasional odds and ends, but nothing used of decent value. If it is, the price is sadly not anywhere near a bargain (let alone market price), the inventory has went down by 150%. The store used to be stocked to the gills. Now it looks too sterile.

mine looks like a f'n hartkey dealer. the walls are lined with the imho junk. and they have nothing else (cab wise) :rolleyes:

• CMS Author

I certainly hope not to tell the truth. I am a firm believer in a competitive market place, and that does not equal to a competitive market place in my opinion.

It's actually price fixing, but good luck getting anywhere with that. Recently a 10 year old class action suit against department stores and cosmetics companies was "settled"....for the same thing...collusion between stores and mfg's to never put makeup on sale. There was a one-day giveaway of makeup. That's it. The practice wasn't stopped, nothing changed at all.

• Members

I didn't realize I had such a reputation for being hard-headed and stubborn.
:p

If you check the threads from the previous sales over the past 2 years, you'll see most everyone else agrees. Some people get lucky and find a really old clearance item or a scratch/dent sale or whatnot, but overall, most sales haven't done a whole lot for many people.

Hey, to each their own indeed, if people want to shop there they are more than welcome. I personally don't have a grudge against GC, I buy stuff there. Having said that, their sales
do
suck.

Er, sorry. Their sales
do
suck... IMO.
:D

nah, your lovely agro style is very good, but you can go overboard sometimes, wink wink.

Oh, and trust me I have read all of those threads, and completely agree with what is being said. If you have noticed, other than the usual 70% off blah blah sales of crap, we have been moving (online at least) to more valuable sales such as 10-20% off of a single item on an order, etc....to me, that is a much better sale, and something that I would jump for.

Archived