Walk for Hope....

BottomHeavyKate

• Members

As some of you might have seen over the summer....MattACaster lost his mother to a 7 year battle with Breast Cancer. It's been a tough year as earlier in the year we lost a good family friend to breast cancer as well.

And hell....I've been in this situation twice before.

So in honor of his mother, Sue White, whom we lost on July 11th 2009 - and in my memory of Judy Anderson....MattACaster and I have started a team in the local Walk for Hope October 4th in Homewood, IL. We are raising money for Jennifer S Fallick Cancer Support Center which relies entirely on the generosity of others.

I know there are lots of you in bad financial situations, and have been through worse. If you want to join the team or donate as much or as little as you want - we would be incredibly grateful.

If you can't afford it - please take some time to remember the ones we have lost. They don't deserve to be forgotten.

We are Team Cicada - as Sue loved those damn bugs :D She even made Christmas ornaments out of the dried ones!!

I apologize if this bothers people - and mods - please feel free to remove it if it stirs up any {censored}. I promise this is the only thread I'll start about this but I'll keep the link in my sig. This is the first time I've done anything like this and doing this is a step I'm making to do something a little more useful with my life and to step out of a dark place I've been.

Thank you

Kate

To Donate

To Join our Team

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is wonderful of you, and a beautiful tribute.
:)

In some way, I've participated in the local pink ribbon walks every year for a decade now. My son's mother's mom won the BC battle after losing one breast, so it's an important cause in these parts.

Thanks and good for you man. This my first one and with everything else we have going on - an emotionally charged one.

Archived