Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gretsch Basses

Anyone ever tried one? Several? Seems to be a brand that everybody knows about, but hardly anyone actually plays.

Gretsch Basses
    "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

I have to assume (based on their drums,and guitars) that they are probably fairly high quality instuments.Jack Blades used them I'm pretty sure.

Comment

I make the same assumption, but there are lots of high quality instruments that aren't right for me.
      "The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
      -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
      -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
      -- Theodore White

Comment

I'm sure the build quality is what you'd expect for the price, but most bass players don't want an expensive, short scale, hollow body bass.
        The new ones are more affordable, and one is long scale, but until recently they were all over $2K.

Comment

They seems to have stepped up.

Would.
          Originally Posted by braif

We need a multi-linqual international special STFU liaison officer around here

Comment

I'm sure the build quality is what you'd expect for the price, but most bass players don't want an expensive, short scale, hollow body bass.
            The new ones are more affordable, and one is long scale, but until recently they were all over $2K.

They have two long scale basses now.
            Dennis Hopper's retirement plan, except Dennis is dead
            Retired and likin' it a lot!
            Regards. Rimmer

Comment

http://www.gretschguitars.com/products/index.php?partno=2411412805

http://www.gretschguitars.com/products/index.php?partno=2518000512
              -- Bob Parks

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Oscar Wilde

-- Theodore White

Comment

I'd love to have a Broadkaster bass to complete the set with my Tennessan.

Comment

Working...
                X