X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking bass forums too personally?!

You know, I have to make an observation. When you read through these music forums, some members seem to take a personal identity in whichever one is there favorite. An example is I was just looking over ebassist. There were threads on there about how they like to post threads on HCBF just to start flame wars and arguements, and 2 pages of replies from their members of how comfy and cozy ebassist is. That is about on par with a grade school maturity level. Who cares what we each think about an internet forum? If you don't like a thread, post or member don't read it. It's that simple. If a forum is that important to someone they have some other issues to address. I read over talkbass, HCBF and ebassist in my efforts to learn more about bass, hear from other bass players and such. A forum helps out tremendously and is entertaining. I have received some good advice from several members here on recording today as an example. For those who think it's their 'forum' against others, get a life. If they feel better only participating on one specific forum then do so, and don't worry about the ones left behind. There is a wealth of information here from many different walks of life to learn from, even if we all don't agree on the politics. To those who have a problem with this just leave to your favorite forum and be done with it. Don't sit back with nothing better or constructive to do than to try to stir s*** up on an internet forum. No one needs to waste their time with that kind of idiocy. Sorry for the rant...
    "In a sky full of people only some want to fly
    Isn't that crazy"

+1

people who act like like 5-year olds on the forum, and yet demand they be treated like a mature individual need to get over themselves. seriously.

i don't post over at ebassist, not because i have anything against it, but it always felt like "mini HCBF" and i'm already at the real HCBF. i kind of like it when the traffic is fairly high too. in fact, if i had my way, the traffic on this forum would be closer to, although not exactly like the traffic on the FX or Amp forum.

Comment

There are other forums out there?
      www.bionicfonzy.com

Comment

Originally posted by mistermike

mrcrow

This is the age of vast knowledge and lost wisdom......banta

Light thickens, and the crow
        Makes wing to the rooky wood:
        Good things of day begin to droop, and drowze;
        While night's black agents to their preys do rouze..macbeth/w.s.

Comment

This forum has good cheap beer, that forum only serves expensive mixed drinks.
          Well, I'm not sure how much I can respect any man who takes Lug seriously - King Kashue
          Sucking like that is a gift. You couldn't recognize the genius of Suck if it sat on your face and farted. -S400
          You don't fix Lug's posts. Lug's posts fix you. - MrJoshua
          You can be my HCBF boyfriend forever. - Sugarskull
          http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=LUG

Comment

Originally posted by mistermike

Nah. Only Ebassist.com
            MageZ
            Prime Minister of the Nerds.
            EURO RULEZ!
            "One man's Eden is another man's Crate." - Ad Nauseam
            "Profanity is a sign of a limited vocabulary, ****************er." - allan grossman
            www.jasonizer.com
            WINNER OF THE BONOMAN POST OF THE DAY AWARD - 2/10/2004
            WINNER OF THE BONOMAN THREAD OF THE DAY AWARD - 01/11/2005
            WINNER OF THE RIPPIN'ROBIN DISTURBING POST OF THE DAY AWARD - 01/20/2005
            UNDISPUTABLE WINNER OF THE FIRST MBIYF APPROPRIATE COOL LYRIC POSTING AWARD!2/18/2005

Comment

Originally posted by lug
              This forum has good cheap beer, that forum only serves expensive mixed drinks.

Mmmm....Miller.

Comment

I don't know, I've never been able to take a forum seriously. I get lots of good advice and talk to some real cool people, but most of the time it's just goofing off and having fun. I also like forums because they give me a chance to spout extremist views without someone taking a swing at me.

Comment

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and just relax.
                  Whenever I'm walking home in the dark and afraid that a psycho might attack me, I use reverse psychology and convince myself that I am the psycho. - Rowka

Comment

Originally posted by chunkathalon
                    Everyone needs to take a deep breath and just relax.

considering this discussion took place 8 months ago, I think it's safe to say that folks have 'relaxed' on this one.
                    "I intend to live forever - so far, so good." Steven Wright
                    Fireking band site
                    Fireking myspace page
                    gig fliers: 1...2...3...4

Comment

Originally posted by bassment zombie

considering this discussion took place 8 months ago, I think it's safe to say that folks have 'relaxed' on this one.

I don't know what you're talking about.
                      Whenever I'm walking home in the dark and afraid that a psycho might attack me, I use reverse psychology and convince myself that I am the psycho. - Rowka

Comment

I've found that ebassist and HCBF are VERY cliquey, don't talk about bass that much and most of it's members worry about silly things like post count while talkbass forums actually talk about bass.

Comment

Originally posted by tenyearsgone
                          I've found that ebassist and HCBF are VERY cliquey, don't talk about bass that much and most of it's members worry about silly things like post count while talkbass forums actually talk about bass.
                          It's been tested and proved (no, for real) that HCBF will answer any bass related question just as quick and often quicker than TalkBass.

Of course, people in here don't have that classy b4ss l33t touch. They certainly don't care about it, either.

That's exactly why there are so many forums, because there are so many people looking for so many styles.
                          1/3 solid knowledge, 1/3 common sense, 1/3 made-up bull****************
                          Wanna try a different pace ? Parlez-vous français ?

Korg and Akai manuals

Comment

Woohoo! Bass rocks!
                            Play more bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz Ad
                              It's been tested and proved (no, for real) that HCBF will answer any bass related question just as quick and often quicker than TalkBass.

That is true, I have to admit, sometimes you have to wait for days on the other forums. It's amazing how quickly a thread here gets derailed and the subject changed to something totally irrelevent from the thread question or subject, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X