Taking bass forums too personally?!

L-1329

• Members
Originally posted by beav2k2

We must be the blue collar forum.
:D

Considering the average bass on both forums, there is a lot of truth in this statement.
More Fenders and Ibies than Sadowskies and Alembics.
I bet we have more Chevies than Mercedes, too.

• Members

chevrolet here. :( I traded in my pretty little economic mazda protege5 at Mrs. Bleepo's command. I miss it. Currently drive a 2005 GMC Jimmy. (Chev. Blazer). I want my car back.

I've posted at ebassist.... But it's not my homepage. I post at talkbass, but it's not my homepage.

• Members

Originally posted by L-1329

You know, I have to make an observation. When you read through these music forums, some members seem to take a personal identity in whichever one is there favorite. An example is I was just looking over ebassist. There were threads on there about how they like to post threads on HCBF just to start flame wars and arguements, and 2 pages of replies from their members of how comfy and cozy ebassist is. That is about on par with a grade school maturity level. Who cares what we each think about an internet forum? If you don't like a thread, post or member don't read it. It's that simple. If a forum is that important to someone they have some other issues to address. I read over talkbass, HCBF and ebassist in my efforts to learn more about bass, hear from other bass players and such. A forum helps out tremendously and is entertaining. I have received some good advice from several members here on recording today as an example. For those who think it's their 'forum' against others, get a life. If they feel better only participating on one specific forum then do so, and don't worry about the ones left behind. There is a wealth of information here from many different walks of life to learn from, even if we all don't agree on the politics. To those who have a problem with this just leave to your favorite forum and be done with it. Don't sit back with nothing better or constructive to do than to try to stir s*** up on an internet forum. No one needs to waste their time with that kind of idiocy. Sorry for the rant...

And you seem to take it pretty serious also, but in a different way.

people do as people do.

Leave em to whatever it is they do. The fact that you start a thread to vent about people that takes things to personal, means that upset you in a way also.

So technically, for me, you are the same as anyone else!

• Members
:confused: ebassist? Never heard of it!! LOL! Actually, I am a member there but I find I don't visit that forum as much as I do here and and at TB! I come to forums for info or to share experiences in bassdom, not BS!:p

• 7 years later...

Archived