Cord bag stolen.

isaac42

• Moderators

I got home from a gig last week, Sunday night, Monday morning, at about 2 AM. Could barely stand up. Brought my basses into the house, and went to bed.

Spent Monday on the couch, feeling like crap.

Noon Tuesday, I took my bass out to the car to go to rehearsal. Didn't see my cord bag. Couldn't remember having brought it inside, but went back in to look for it anyway. Couldn't find it. When I went to open the door on the driver's side, I noticed that the lock was down, but the door was ajar, hanging slightly open. How wiped out had I been after the gig?

Went to rehearsal, asked the band if anyone had seen it, as I can be a bit absent-minded on occasion. Nope, no one had seen it. Put my bass back in the car and headed back into town.

Stopped at a store on my way home, locked the car and went inside. When I came out, I saw that the lock had been messed with. In fact, I unlocked the door with great difficulty. Can't lock it from the outside at all.

So, sometime between 2 AM on Monday morning and noon on Tuesday, someone jimmied the lock and took my cord bag. Hardly seemed worth the trouble, until I totaled up the cost to replace it all. DigiTech BP80 multi-effects unit, MXR Distortion Plus, Nady 331 wireless unit, five guitar cords, two speaker cords, a guitar strap with Schaller strap locks, two tuners, a pair of earplugs, and a notebook with all of my charts and lyrics.

What's a good wireless unit these days?

• Moderators

Well, my car insurance will pay for the broken lock, so the question was, does my homeowner's insurance cover the theft? Turns out, the answer is a resounding "Yes, but..."

Yes, it does. But I also have a $500 deductible, so the money would come out of my pocket either way. In addition, I also have a "no-claim discount" of $140 a year, so my insurance rates would go up by that amount if I made a claim. So unless I have an additional claim under that policy this year, it makes no sense at all to proceed with the claim. Looks as though I have to eat the replacement costs.

{censored}.

Archived