X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirer Fretless Jazz Bass

Having been inspired by John Cale & Mark Sandman to take up slide bass .......and waiting for a couple of decades , it was time.

I found a Squire fretless jazz bass with duncan designed pick ups. bought, it brought it home and now I pursue yet another muse.

I  am pleased with the instrument and take great joy in playing the bottom part of slide pieces in the lower octives that the  bass offers. Exciting and compelling would be a way of describing the change.

Per usual it's now a matter of practicing a lot.

I am blessed with a tin ear, I love poorly made cheap guitars,and terrible sounding amps though I do prefer solid state amps over tubes.<br>

Where would you use it?

"The Web puts all of the world's knowledge at our fingertips; unfortunately it's mixed with all of the world's bull****************."
    -- Bob Parks

"A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"No man dies for what he knows to be true. Men die for what they want to be true, for what some terror in their hearts tells them is not true."
    -- Oscar Wilde

"It is a trap of history to believe that eyewitnesses remember accurately what they have lived through."
    -- Theodore White

Comment

Happy New Bass Day. Play it in good health. I'm a rhythm guitarist who noodles around on bass but I'm chicken to try a fretless.

Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

Working...
      X