Piano's: good. A stage piano offers better piano's, but keep in mind: this is an all round workhorse. Rhodes: very good, better than Roland offered before (I always thought that unexpanded Rolands offered mediocre Rhodes sounds). Wurly: medium; adjusting velocity settings might help. Organs: weak part of the Fantom S, so you need SRX-07 Ultimate Keys. On board organs are mediocre. Guitars are good, as well as the basses. Good synth basses! Strings are OK. Perhaps I'll buy SRX-06 to improve those. I like the acoustic brass sounds. Though a synth can never replace real horn players, I think Roland has done a good job here. Loads of synth sounds, of which I won't use a lot of them, but the leads and pads seem to be good.

Roland hasn¿t let me down often, and this instrument looks sturdy. So I guess it¿s dependable-

General Comments

I guess I'd buy it again. For the price I paid, I got a complete expandable workstation which can do almost everything I can imagine at the moment. And it's relatively lightweighted, so that's a plus for gigging.

Possible improvements: better piano, more polyphony, better organs, audio tracks in sequencer, huge permanent memory (max Smart Media Card usable is 128 MB). Some of those issues can be dealt with by using SRX cards, or buy buying a Fantom X. But all in all, this was a good buy for me.