Michael Kelly Guitars

scgmhawk

• Members

Not sure where they are made but MK guitars are very high quality. There are quite a few people on this forum who have them, myself included, and I have yet to hear a single negative about them. I bought mine sight unseen and was amazed at how good it is. I have a Patriot Limited and the quality is excellent.

• Members

They are made in Korea and are excellent quality. You really can't go wrong. I've had 2 Patriots, a Custom and a Black and foolishly traded both. I'm going to pick the Custom back up this weekend I hope. I've also been drooling over the one you posted the pic of.

• Members

I have a Patriot Vintage. Use Google to search these forums and you'll find lots of love for the Michael Kelly Line. Great quality (I set it up when it arrived - bridge needed lowering and the truss rod took a 1/8th turn tweak).

I was really tempted last night to use my eBay coupon and my Live Cashback to pick up a Patriot Decree; but my wife would have killed me.

• Members

My main guitar is a Patriot Glory with upgraded pots and caps and titanium saddles. My #2 guitar is a Patriot Custom with the same mods plus a set of GFS Mean 90s. Both are excellent guitars for the money. Hell, they'd be fine guitars at twice the price. I'd like to get a Patriot Special in the near future as well. And they are made in Korea.

• Members

These days the guitar makers use CNC equipment which means really tight tolerances time after time. That's why they can move production around the globe so easily. So whether it's made in Korea, China or Indonesia it should be adequate. There will be tonal differences in the indigenous woods used but the actual craftsmanship has been replaced by machines.

• Members

my main is currently a michael kelly patriot special. I've never heard of anyone badmouthing MK who has played one. my axe really is flawless in its construction. I don't see how you could do any better by paying two or three times as much. perhaps you could, but I just don't see how. I can't think of how I'd improve on the quality of construction. it's a flawless piece.

patriot1.jpg

as an aside, I got it last december when it was listed at $450 at the major retailers (I also got 30% more off on top of that using m123's christmas offer). already the price has gone up $100. people have been predicting that MK prices will have to go up.. and they did. hope they don't again.

Archived