OT - Scanning to Apple Mail

Jeff Leites

• Members

I have a question for you Mac guys. I'm my neighbor's geek squad. Problem is, she's a mac, and I'm a pc. I usually figure it out, but I'm stuck on this one.

She wants to scan a document to an e-mail

She has an HP6210 printer/scanner.

We set the scanner to "scan to apple mail", and press start.

The new mail screen opens on the mac, and the document appears on the screen. Life is good, but she wants to scan a 2nd document into the same e-mail. When we scan the 2nd document, it scans it into a 2nd e-mail.

How do we scan the 2nd document into the 1st email?

• Members

Yeah, I'm not familiar with this either. Does the scan result in an image (like a jpg or gif), or is it doing optical character recognition, resulting in text?

Either way, it should just be a matter of copying/pasting into the first message. If text, copy/paste from one msg to the other; if image, it will be an attachment -- just drag it from the second msg to the body of the first (might be easier to grab it from the Attachment drop-down just below the address info at the top of the msg.

• Members

It's not OCR. From what I can tell, it's an attachment that is also displayed in the message area. It's real convenient for sending just one scan, especially for the woman I'm helping because she gets rattled when she has to do more than one step to get something done. I'm pretty sure I saw a scanner option that said "scan jpeg iphoto" which didn't really make sense to me, I would have expected it to say, "scan to jpeg". That's probably what we need, but I'm not sure where it would put the image... I assume in the iphoto folder. Then I'd have to teach her how to attach the images, and how to delete them from the folder, and she'll get frazzled :facepalm:

Archived