Neko Case

scolfax

• Members

I saw her last year, didn't now what to expect. Didn't like what I got. I will admit that I simply did not get her at all. Her music did absolutely nothing for me. She is kinda attractive and the lesbian community in town really seemed to dig her.

I don't know what ALT country is or is supposed to be. The best description I could come up with is: Country Music on Quaaludes. Everything she sang that night as super slow dirge-like and without much of a melody.

To the curious and uninitiated I would recommend that if you get a chance to see her - don't.

Geez.

• Members

I think you went to the wrong show. She has great melodies.

O.K. Maybe I hit her on a bad night. I know that she has a strong fan base, I was a little surprised at the show. I am a volunteer usher at a local concert hall and I get the opportunity to work a lot of shows that I would necessarily buy tickets for - especially in this economy. I worked her show last year and I guess I was expecting something a little more lively - or at least alive. My disappointment has more or less kept me from listening to anything else she has done. Maybe I should give her another listen.

Just spent some quality time on Youtube. Listened to about a dozen of her songs. I am going to have to upgrade my earlier rating. After listening again she is a solid "meh." Here voice is OK. More than anything I think it is her compositions and style of music that fail to move me. Different strokes for different folks.

Archived