Tangleless guitar cord/cable?

Kuroyume

• Members

I've tried various types of wireless systems in the past and never like them for long. Batteries, sound degradation, noise interference. Good things have been said about a newer one but I'm still not biting.

On the other hand, it is becoming tiresome to untangle my guitar cord constantly. Are there any guitar cords that are tangle-free?

Thanks,

Robert

• Members

i don't want to come across as a jerk but have you tried some of the higher end wireless systems? Especially the newer, true diversity UHF systems?

I'm getting 3+hrs battery life on a single AA battery with no sound degradation and have not had any signal interference issues.

I have tried friends Nady systems (and similarly priced units) and they were just god awful to my ears.

• Members

i don't want to come across as a jerk but have you tried some of the higher end wireless systems? Especially the newer, true diversity UHF systems?

I'm getting 3+hrs battery life on a single AA battery with no sound degradation and have not had any signal interference issues.

I have tried friends Nady systems (and similarly priced units) and they were just god awful to my ears.

I've tried both Nady and Sennheiser in the past. Both were not the highest end but up there - midrange wireless. I could still hear the delay and sound degradation. Now, 'the newer one' about which I was talking is that true diversity UHF system. My quip is still the need for batteries in the send unit. I realize that to be truly wireless, an AC adapter wouldn't be good design at all. Why can't they just install a nice high-powered Li-on rechargable battery with an AC charger (when you're not playing) or something similar. Charging doesn't bother me - replacing/recharging short-lived AA batteries does.

• Members

I highly recommend Bullet Cables. I have a couple of the coiled ones and they're heavy duty as all get out - and try as I might I can't get them tangled up at all unless I'm doing something really retarded. It's a lot thicker and less floppy than tangle-prone telephone coil cable, so it has none of those problems.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Just thought to get back and say: Thanks!!!! These VOX spiral cables are not perfect but they sure have reduced the tension of my playing - as in tension trying to move about and being sprung back by the other cables. They need to be 'unwound' once in a while but that is acceptable. But there is no knotting or kinking like straight cables. Ahhhh... nirvana. :D

Archived