Fender VG strat

Mr_Wonka

• Members

I'm seriously considering picking one of these up. Fender is discontinuing them so its priced at 1K.

I personally like it a lot. I figure why not only get a discounting American strat plus the awesome Roland FXs.

It seems like a great bargin with the price drop.

what do you all think?

• Members

I'm seriously considering picking one of these up. Fender is discontinuing them so its priced at 1K.

I personally like it a lot. I figure why not only get a discounting American strat plus the awesome Roland FXs.

It seems like a great bargin with the price drop.

what do you all think?

Get a $999.99 gift certificate at MF for 20% off (ends today) and you can get one for $799.99.

• Members

As much as i hate to say it i just put one in lat away at GC..Total Price $1011..With tax and HSC...The VG price by itself was $ 938.00 for an american made strat plus the tuning ability IMHO it was a good deal..I love being able to switch tuning without having to switch guitars..There will be less downtime in between songs and less guitars i have to bring to a gig..With this i will only need 3 guitar versus the 6 i bring now..The three i will bring is the VG Strat the LP and my custom JDS custom acoustic an that will cover all my sounds and tuning

• Members

I tried one several months back and thought it was a cool guitar. Especially being able to change tunings, 12-string and models. If you listen real close you can hear the digital modeling. Being able to switch to standard pickups made it really a great guitar for lots of different styles. The only thing I don't care for is the Fender Strat knob layout. I just can't stop hitting the volume knob with my pinky. I brought the guitar back to GC after I had it for two weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Has anyone seen a mod on the VG which adds a switch to shut off the battery when not in use?? I would think it would be easy to disconnect the switching part of the 1/4" jack and add a toggle. I'm a keyboard player who plays maybe 5 songs a night on guitar. Bought a killer Sunburst VG used last week. I've been trying to keep it unplugged when not in use, but my band goes from song to song and it's not always possible. Any thoughts??? JP

• Members

A switch would definitely improve battery life (but pulling out the 1/4" jack does the same thing - just hard to remember and a bummer if you are just playing and don't need the modeling). Follow Fender's advice and get 2650 (or more if available) mAh rechargeable batteries for the longest battery life.

Archived