OT: Has anyone switched DSL providers?

Jeff Leites

• Members

Most likely they will send you a new DSL modem. You will connect it to your computer, pull up a web page that will let you log into the modem and initiate your account with a password, and then it is done. If you use email from the provider then that will also change. I have not used email from my ISP for years. Get a hotmail/live/gmail/etc... account. That will stay with you no matter where you live and who you use for an ISP.

• Members

Most likely they will send you a new DSL modem. You will connect it to your computer, pull up a web page that will let you log into the modem and initiate your account with a password, and then it is done. If you use email from the provider then that will also change. I have not used email from my ISP for years. Get a hotmail/live/gmail/etc... account. That will stay with you no matter where you live and who you use for an ISP.

• Members

• Members

• Members

I gotta say, I have had no reason to switch DSL providers in 10 years. They are THAT good.

No service outages longer than an hour or two (and very infrequently), their onboard SPAM/Phish/trojan screening is second-to-none, and when you have a complaint, they're on it like flies-to-{censored}.

I can't complain.

Archived