New Rondo SX STL-50s Vintage White teles, are they still lime green?

Fusion1

• Members

Bought one of these last summer and would like to know if they are actually a vintage white now and not the same sickly green they were last year. I want to buy one, but not if it is that weird lime green.

stl50p90stkvwh5.jpg

• Members

I bought one 2 or 3 months back. It was one of the last ones in vintage white with the earlier SX headstock before the change.

In fact, the same day I ordered it, I went back to their site to save some photos of it and they were gone, so I may have gotten THE last one.

No banana creme, no key lime pie, no sickly green that Kurt told me in an email was an accident or general snafu that happened to a batch or three of the vintage white SX instruments.

Mine is a super-nice, classy off-white color. A tiny bit towards beige. Think aged oly white or something. It's a really nice finish.

I'm slapping a w/b/w guard on it to replace the b/w/b one and I think it'll look even nicer.

• Members

Ha Ha! I know what you're talking about. I bought one in Sept. '08 and got that sickly lime green color. Funny enough everyone who has seen it says right away how cool it looks!

I'm presently distressing the body (and will sand the shoulder like a Strat) and am working on sanding the neck down to the bare wood. The neck has so much poly sprayed on it. I'd say the paint alone on a SX Tele is about 2lbs!

Should make a great beater guitar. That sounds kinda harsh as it is a good instrument, but I'm just in awe of the sounds I'm getting from my new EC Strat.

Archived