Report on an AMP/Roland Cube-30X

thunder100

• Members

Dear All

In my quest to a bedroom amp with silent clean tone I arrived at 2 SS positions

A.)Tech 21 Trademark 10-->could'nt get any,couldnt try

B.)Roland Mini Cube

Playing this one (surprisingly good amp) i swiched over to a Roland Cube-30 X,with a function called power squeezer

C.)Roland Cube-30X-->bought it

First

I have to Update(revice) my opinion that only tube amps are tube amps.Still true but Solid State these days get very close

The JC clean chanel which resembles a JC120 is really great and on the modelling front the Tweed and the Rectifier are (wow) also really close

And with this power squeezer can be played quite silent (At least more silent then any tube amp I tried)

I dont want to (ever) say Solid State amps rule,but I have to say tube amps hurry up.We may have been to long in our vintage corner with RCA tubes and Weber(vintage speakers)(With all respect

Roland

PS:Now looking to play a Tech 21 Trademark 30

• Members

Does the JC120 model give you anything like the airy, spacey vibe you can get from a real 120? I ask, because I was of the opinion that this was facilitated by the separate channels to separate speakers construction of the JC120 and wonder if that can be duplicated in a single-speaker combo...

• Members

I have a 30x. It's nice. The sound is ok. What do you want from a practice amp? I mean come on.

I hook up my iPod to it and play along with a song or with a jam track. I'm not crazy about the power squeezer. It does reduce the volume, but it sounds muffled to me. Turning down the volume to 1 or even lower sounds better in my opinion.

It's also reliable. I was looking into getting a vypyr, but people are still on forums lamenting the poor reliability of the vypyr. The Cube 30x is solid, and I've never heard of anyone having any problems with it.

• Members

Does the JC120 model give you anything like the airy, spacey vibe you can get from a real 120? I ask, because I was of the opinion that this was facilitated by the separate channels to separate speakers construction of the JC120 and wonder if that can be duplicated in a single-speaker combo...

I once tried the 120.The Cube X is not there but very close,It seems to come from the modelling technology COSM or so.Go and play is best

Roland

Archived