Is this Strat neck legit?

dimibetan

• Members

Is this Strat neck legit?

From an online auction website at my place, starting around USD125.

Fender Stratocaster Neck

Very nice neck in very good condition medium jumbo frets are very good. The neck has nice figuring in the wood as can be seen in the photos, Also has abalone inlay markers. I brought this over with me when I came over from USA but no time to use it. This is a 22 fret neck with Grover screwless tuners. Fender licensed neck made to USA specs in the USA and has Genuine Fender logo.

275023211_o.jpg

275023267_o.jpg

275023235_o.jpg

275197480_o.jpg

Question:

Is this from a US Strat?

Answer:

No it is a licensed neck with genuine factory logo made to USA specs, hence the 22 frets not 21 like Mexican necks. Very nice neck! An American factory neck will cost you far more than I am asking. I would like to mention also for everyones information the Fender American factory made necks all have a walnut insert at the truss rod adjustment hole. ALL others have black or no insert at all, except the vintage reissues which can have a walnut plug and only adjust at the heel.

The guy got wrong info on the 21 frets... :facepalm:

• Members

im pretty sure this guy has some mightymite necks (hence the mighty mite stamp on the heel) and its just putting fender logos on them, which i believe is nice and illegal, but there may be some licensing agreement with "licensed by fender" necks that allows you to do that, i don't know.

• Members

It's a Mighty Mite neck. Even though he doesn't give the name, he does say it is a licensed neck.

It does look nice, though. As long as it's a decent neck and the price is right I wouldn't have a problem with it, even without the Fender logo.

Archived