Report fake ebay auctions

batotman

• Members

Originally posted by sandfly

I emailed the people that are auctioning off this guitar and told them it was fake . This is the response I got . It's pretty funny that they tell me to get a life while they are trying to rip someone off .

From missyandmike620 :

don't you have anything better to do with your life if you don't want it or say its a fake don't bid on it . its that simple. don't harass someone you've never even met before. are you that arrogant. im glad you want to show me that you think it's a fake but i'm just showing you what i was told. but seriously get a life.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Found one yesterday in the USA. Seller said this is not his problem and if someone wanted to buy it that was ok by him. A $499.00 mistake to someone with limited knowledge on the subject.I did a serial number research and it is indeed a counterfeit Les Paul from Korea.After infoming the pawn shop owner he still wanted to sell me this item for $450.00 out the door after his offer of $429.00 yesterday. Gibson has all the info now and is working on the case. Buyer beware.:thu: According to the serial number on the back of the headstock this guitar was manufactured on December 12, 2026. :idea: BACK TO THE FUTURE. Some future axe man traveled back to 2006 played a gig and ooppss forgot the thing? :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by guitarz77

Found one yesterday in the USA. Seller said this is not his problem and if someone wanted to buy it that was ok by him. A $499.00 mistake to someone with limited knowledge on the subject.I did a serial number research and it is indeed a counterfeit Les Paul from Korea.After infoming the pawn shop owner he still wanted to sell me this item for $450.00 out the door after his offer of $429.00 yesterday. Gibson has all the info now and is working on the case. Buyer beware.
:thu:
According to the serial number on the back of the headstock this guitar was manufactured on December 12, 2026.
:idea:
BACK TO THE FUTURE. Some future axe man traveled back to 2006 played a gig and ooppss forgot the thing?
:cool:

"All that glitters IS NOT gold."

• Members

Originally posted by sandfly

I emailed the people that are auctioning off this guitar and told them it was fake .

Don't waste your time email the sellers on these guitars. They know it's fake and will get very defensive and maybe even down right nasty about it.

Instead, use the "Report This Item" link at the bottom of the page and let eBay decide if the auction needs to be pulled or not. Since Gibson isn't participating in their VERO program, most often they won't pull the auction unless the fraud is obvious.

• Members
Originally posted by bgmacaw

Don't waste your time email the sellers on these guitars. They know it's fake and will get very defensive and maybe even down right nasty about it.

Instead, use the "Report This Item" link at the bottom of the page and let eBay decide if the auction needs to be pulled or not. Since Gibson isn't participating in their VERO program, most often they won't pull the auction unless the fraud is obvious.

Even if it's written in the description they seldom pull it these days. :rolleyes:

• Members
Originally posted by ArKay

Even if it's written in the description they seldom pull it these days.
:rolleyes:

It's odd. They'll pull fake designer clothing and accessories quickly, even if the rights owner doesn't post the complaint. However, it seems that they'll rarely pull a fake guitar listing. Perhaps all of eBay's checkers are women.

• Members

It's odd. They'll pull fake designer clothing and accessories quickly, even if the rights owner doesn't post the complaint. However, it seems that they'll rarely pull a fake guitar listing. Perhaps all of eBay's checkers are women.

Most of the "Security Team" staff is female over here in Germany, that's all I know. At least their names are. I've read that those are made up anyway, dunno if that's true.

I've seen cases here where the seller even writes in the details that it's not made by Gibson. then the pics show the Gibson logo on the headstock.

Reported one of those 2 weeks ago, didn't get pulled. Send another report, (filed as "problem with the seller" since in the fake reports you cannot add additional information), quoted the eBay auction guidelines where it says that you are not allowed to list those items, added that the Gibson logo is visible on the pics. Heck, the seller even boasted with the fact that Gibson Europe told him it'd be a good fake. How more obvious could it be?

They just didn't want to pull it, that's all. Guess they figured, "well, people know it's not real, they know what they're getting so nobody's going to complain. who cares? next!".

Who will care is the next poor guy who may acquire this as a genuine Gibson again (guess that's what the original seller thought he'd get). It has to stop in CHINA, that's the only way. Otherwise those crappy fakes will go round and round.

• Members

One thing I noticed about some of the descriptions on these guitars doesn,t even describe the guitar. I noticed different sellers use almost the same description. I was told these sellers don,t even have the guitars on hand, thats why the pics sometimes look the same from different sellers. If you look in their other listings they sell all kinds of crap. They use the same listing for all of this to make it easier, other than the pic. I emailed one seller and asked him if they were fake and he said, no they are real guitars, lol, duh.

• Members
Originally posted by Cluster

the seller that tried to rip me off is at it again. this time he even lists the bogus serial number. don't peole know gibson has a 24 hour help line?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-Black_W0QQitemZ330002805307QQihZ014QQcategoryZ47072QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This listing (#330002805307) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

:thu: :thu:

• Members

I reported him to ebay and it was removed. I was surprised ebay respond so fast... under 1 hour and it was gone.

I think if we keep the pressure on ebay to remove these fakes, there will be less chance of them turning up again and again. I notice more sellers advertising them as Chinese clones instead of the real thing. Maybe they are catching on.

• Members

Originally posted by Cluster

I reported him to ebay and it was removed. I was surprised ebay respond so fast... under 1 hour and it was gone.

I think if we keep the pressure on ebay to remove these fakes, there will be less chance of them turning up again and again. I notice more sellers advertising them as Chinese clones instead of the real thing. Maybe they are catching on.

Maybe it's just eBay Canada. My current experiences with eBay Germany and USA weren't so good.

• Members

This auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Kramer-Baretta-Guitar-1986-Floyd-Rose-Tremelo_W0QQitemZ190004652140QQ

they DO NOT have this guitar. They have just lifted the photos from this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130001515762&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

why is it so difficult to report this {censored} to ebay? :mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Dougy

This auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Kramer-Baretta-Guitar-1986-Floyd-Rose-Tremelo_W0QQitemZ190004652140QQ

they DO NOT have this guitar. They have just lifted the photos from this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=003&item=130001515762&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

why is it so difficult to report this {censored} to ebay?
:mad:

It's not that difficult.

Help -> Contact Us
Listing Policy Breaches -> Copying of your listing -> Seller copied text and pictures from another website or eBay user -> Continue

Fill in the details.

There, so easy :D

• Members
Originally posted by ArKay

It's not that difficult.

Help -> Contact Us

Listing Policy Breaches -> Copying of your listing -> Seller copied text and pictures from another website or eBay user -> Continue

Fill in the details.

There, so easy
:D

Yeah, I've done it now.... although it didn't come up quite the same on ebay UK....

Seriously though, why not just have a more prominent direct link, like the 'report this post to a moderator' links on this forum? Seeing how ebay are sooooo dedicated to protecting buyers and all...

{censored}ing {censored}ey chinese auctions.

• Members

Seriously though, why not just have a more prominent direct link, like the 'report this post to a moderator' links on this forum? Seeing how ebay are
sooooo dedicated
to protecting buyers and all...

There is a "Report This Item" link on all US eBay listing pages. I don't know if they're there in the UK though.

• Members

There is a "Report This Item" link on all US eBay listing pages. I don't know if they're there in the UK though.

They differ.

US:

Ask seller a question | Report this item | Printer Version | Email to a friend

UK:

Ask seller a question | Add to Calendar | Printer Version

Another difference between eBay USA & eBay Germany is that we cannot do an advanced search for "Items by bidder" which is possible in the UK though.

eBay eBay.

• Members

Yeah, I've done it now.... although it didn't come up quite the same on ebay UK....

Seriously though, why not just have a more prominent direct link, like the 'report this post to a moderator' links on this forum? Seeing how ebay are
sooooo dedicated
to protecting buyers and all...

{censored}ing {censored}ey chinese auctions.

That would make it too easy for us, wouldn't it? :) The way it is hidden now, it saves eBay a lot of work.

Archived