Boss ME-70 or GT-10??????????????

Delboybruce

• Members

Hey

I'm looking at both of these??? Anybody got them and can tell me if its worth paying the extra for the GT-10??? Or is it just more bells and whistles that make it too hard to use.

I had a go in a store, but not enough to decided.

What are they like to live with on a daily basis??/ I had a POD X3 live. Too complicated!! and a Zoom G9, too digital.

Any info or advice mucha appreciated

Cheers

• Members

Personally, having had PODs, RPs and the Zoom G7.1UT, I recently purchased the ME-70 and haven't looked back.

IMO, the GT-10 is a fantastic unit, but I just cannot stand having so many options to have to program (let alone find int the first place) to try and dial in the sound I'm looking for. The ME-70 may not have as many options, but having the dial layout right in front of you makes it so much easier to get to a usable sound. Sure, it doesn't have the full palette of features the GT-10 does, and the GT-10 offers way more presets and USB, but for the money and simplicity, to me it's no contest.

• Members

GT-10.

it has more capability in every way. You can just plug in and play using the 200? predefined patches or fine tune exactly the tone you want. That flexibility can be a little intimidating but once you figure out how the control flow works the rest of it is actually not that hard.

The manual is crap though. You will probably want to check out the demos on youtube and also check in on the Boss GT Central forum and the official Boss site. All good stuff.

• Members

I used to have a Zoom g2. Got great sounds from it. Then upgraded to the G9. Couldnt get anything from it. Did the same with the original POD then traded to the X3 and again, too hard!!!

I'm totally sure the GT10 is a totally fabulous piece of kit. But it might be a little hard and a little much for me. I am a technophobe and have no patience.

I'm picking up the ME70 is more like stomp boxes. So I think that might be the way to go for me.

Thanks for that.

• Members

my vote is for me-70. i personally havent played it but i have played a bit with the me-50 and it sounded great and is super easy to use. to just use it all you have to know how to do is use a normal stompbox. no annoying menus or anything like that.

• Members

...I'm totally sure the GT10 is a totally fabulous piece of kit. But it might be a little hard and a little much for me. I am a technophobe and have no patience.

I'm picking up the ME70 is more like stomp boxes...

Good choice. It's easy to get frustrated with the GT-10. I like mine, BTW. The manual is very good but it has so many options that you're better off with something simpler.

Enjoy the ME70 :)

• Members

I;ve always thought extra choice was a good thing. To some people its fantastic. I just get frustrated and fed up

I know the GT10 is an amazing bit of kit. ME70 it is. It anyones using it, your thoughts would be much appreciated. i realise its totally subjective, but any info, of good and bad things is good to keep in mind.

Cheers

• Members

I was in a similar dilemma, I ended up buying a gt 10 because thanks to a the Gift certificate promotion last may I got it for $399.

Now that I have it, I have notice that could be a little bit frustrating to dial the right sound, but that will depend on something very important... your amp....

I was using a.....uhmmmm.... behringer amp and it was harder for me to get that tone I was looking for, I thought to get a nice tube amp, but It will defeat the purpose of having the GT10 in the first place, so I did some research and with the help of some forumites I found the Tech21 power engine 60... Cool little amp.... no color at all! which for the GT-10 (maybe the ME-70 if you go that route) is perfect... what you dial is what you get... pretty good and accurate, I am still not done with the full "review" but the amp simulation is pretty good when you go thru and amp like this.....

Something that for me it is worth every penny in the GT10 is the looper.... a nice pedal looper is like $200... this one might not be a super looper but it defenitely does what is suppose to do... Awesomeness to the fullest...

anyways, either way you go, I think you'll be happy, but always remember that the sound of these devices can be compromise with the amp you have, for better or for worse...

my 2 cents

:wave:

Archived