New Myspace Ad Program for bands

• Members

Just got a message from Myspace, says you can now place ads as a band and they charge you 25 cents per click, and the ad is placed based on demographics, you choose what age, locations, so on and so forth. There's a limit based on what you pay up front, so you don't end up with 10,000 clicks overnight and stuck with a bill.

We are probably gonna try it out.

Other thoughts?

• Members

Hello Musicians!

We are happy to announce that artists can now buy ad space on MySpace. We call the program Find Your Fans. Find Your Fans On MySpace is a quicker, easier and smarter way to promote yourself, your band or your brand on MySpace.

The ad sales program is in beta, and we’re ready for MySpace users to start kicking the tires.

If you are interested in joining us, then read on....

So, what is Find Your Fans On MySpace?

Find Your Fans is a user-friendly tool for you to use to advertise your band, brand or yourself on MySpace. You can target specific types of MySpace users you want to reach. Simply create your ad, tell us who should see it, how long you want to run it and how much you’re willing to spend. That’s it!

We’ll display your ad all throughout the MySpace site to the users you’ve chosen, putting your message in front of millions of potential customers and driving traffic to your profile until your campaign’s reached its spending limit or the expiration date set by you, whichever comes first.

When are you charged? Only if someone clicks on your ad -- not when your ad is displayed.

How do you sign up?

All you have to do is email the URL of the profile (or profiles – you can promote as many as you want!) to:

ssapfeedback@myspace.com

You can also visit the following website to learn more:

https://advertise.myspace.com/apply.html

Thanks,

Tom

• Members

Ok

Well, that could be a great way to promote, since it is targeted. I'm still skeptical as to how it will work out... MySpace is pretty buggy... Still if you only pay when someone clicks on it, its not completely lost money. And is it really MySpace or a third party? Its hard to be sure...

25 cent a click is very expensive!

• Members

I smell a SCAM.

Sounds legit to me. I buy Google adwords all the time for 10 - 40 cents a click. It's a great way to get new customers if you have an actual product to sell.

25 cents might be a little high for promoting a local band, unless you're trying to pack a club. Then, 25 cents is a bargain, if the club is paying you the door.

• Members

I agree, 25 cents a click is very expensive. I have a feeling it's in response to all the spamming and cleanups that myspace has to do, crawlers and viruses and the like. They are probably about to clamp down hard, and want to provide some kind of avenue ($) for bands to continue "reaching out".

But as a five-piece, it breaks down to 5 cents each per click, which is more reasonable. But it does open bands up to sabotage, I could find a band that pissed me off and find their ad and just cntrl-r over and over on the ad.

• Members

the trick with the 25 cent per click is... With 25$, you are sure that NO MORE than 100 people will click on the link until it disappears.

That means that even if you ad is really good, it won't make a difference, only that your cash will be depleted faster.

I would prefer another option of "time". Like 25$ for one month of ads.

• Members

But as a five-piece, it breaks down to 5 cents each per click, which is more reasonable. But it does open bands up to sabotage, I could find a band that pissed me off and find their ad and just cntrl-r over and over on the ad.

I guess they will have some kind of IP address verification going on :freak:

• Members

I I could find a band that pissed me off and find their ad and just cntrl-r over and over on the ad.

That's called "Click Fraud" and it's a felony. Google has done a pretty good job of policing its advertising. When they catch it (often through advertiser complaints) they refund your money. I assume MySpace will do the same.

• Members

That's called "Click Fraud" and it's a felony. Google has done a pretty good job of policing its advertising. When they catch it (often through advertiser complaints) they refund your money. I assume MySpace will do the same.

:cop: nevermind

• Members

I will click-fraud-masturbate my own ads. :lol:

• Members

? I always felt there was more music fans on MySpace than Facebook.

The same people who are on myspace are on facebook. My problem with using myspace's other programs and features is that eventually they're all exploited. And myspace users end up feeling like they're bombarded with spam and junk mail everywhere they go. How many more times do you want to hear about the latest crappy reincarnation of Guns n Roses and Motley Crue on myspace? Facebook just seems like a cleaner option in the social networking realm.

btw I love this new icon :facepalm:...:love:

• Members

There's some bad math somewhere, perhaps in my translation, checking on that now, it's supposed to be $25 for 1000 clicks.... but waiting for confirmation from the State Department. They are too busy on Rosetta Stone to get back with me ASAP, Farci is the new rage.

Archived