G&L ASAT Classic vs Fender American Tele

zwish

• Members

Fralin pickups are amazing. Dont care for his humbuckers as much, but his single coils cant be beat for a traditional sound, imho.

And on the g&l pickups, to each his own. But I could tell they were ceramics even before I knew they were.

I agree on the Fralins - they make incredible single coils! In terms of humbuckers, Ive had great experiences with Lollar Imperials - I put a set in my LP Studio and they really transformed the guitar.

• Members

Sorry to 'Hijack' the thread, but what is the difference between the G&L ASAT Classic and the G&L Tribute ASAT Classic? :S

The USA G&Ls have 2 piece bodies, 1 piece necks (G&Ls bi-cut necks), are PLEKed and have better electronics. The Tributes are good guitars, but if you play them side by side, you will really feel and hear a difference.

Some of the new Tributes look really nice though, especially the ASAT Special.

• Members

Is it true that the G&L ASAT Classic has a wider neck than the Fender American Standard? I really like wide necks, and I've been looking for a Tele lately.

That depends. G&L offers 5 different neck profiles. Personally, my favorite is their vintage V neck.

Archived