noiseless pickups

Capricorn

• Members

I like the fender vintage noiseless and not the SCN's. The vintage noiseless pickup went out so I had it repaired and it went out again so I bought a set of SCN's and hated the sound. Hard to explain but not near the strat sound or mojo. I even had a tele vintage noiseless in the neck position of my strat until I sold the guitar.

By far, my favorite pickup.

Surfy

• Members

+1 on DiMarzio noiseless. I have DP402 Virtual Vintage Blues and they are really stratty for stacked single sized humbuckers. the technology DiMarzio uses in it's construction is spectacular.:thu: they're competitively priced too.

• Members

I have Fender's "Hot Noiseless" in my Strat right now. They're the same ones used in the Jeff Beck sig Strat. They're pretty good...but I'm gonna stick some sort of humbucker in the bridge eventually and try the DiMarzio Area 58's in the middle and neck...just for fun! :)

I have the GFS Neovin Power Rock set in my strat. I have played the vintage set and thought they sounded like a true vintage single coil tone minus the single coil noise.

Here I compare the neovins to a set of Duncan Designed Alnico pups which have a nice hot single coil tone. The GFS Neovins covered that range and were more toneful doing it as well.

[YOUTUBE]rY7r6sGT5bo&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

Here's me just fooling with the Neovins

[YOUTUBE]4PCGaHEwRwo&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Kinmans ARE excellent ... I had their AVn Blues set in the MIM 50s Classic I sold to help finance my (Hot Noiseless-loaded) Jeff Beck Custom Shop model, and once in a very great while I wish I'd swapped 'em over before selling ...

But the Hot Noiseless are pretty damn good and maintain hull integrity even under hi gain. The Kinmans were very slightly toppier and more immediate with a teensy fraction more high-end sizzle, but the HNs are a touch warmer, 'spreadier' and juicier. Both are great PUs and both are authentically Stratty -- it's just a case of your own personal taste in tone.

• Members

looking at putting noiseless pickups in my strat...

Recommendations? Looking for traditional sounding pickups.

any price...

The Duncan vintage rails (imo) have a nice vintage "Buddy Holly" 50's strat vibe to them. If your not into rails then the Duck buckers are similar.

Archived